Red Charlotte free casting every round

PC, 5.7.Or30182, Windows 10

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I expected Red Charlotte to only cast Quick Blade once she had her 15 mana for the spell.

Red Charlotte’s Quick Blade spell free casts every round after a four of a kind match if she has cast it once before.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It happened in my third attempt to defeat the Search for Keys II, battle number three. After that, it happened every battle for the next four attempts.

Steps to make it happen again
It seems to happen every time after she has used it once and then her team (the AI) makes a four or more of a kind match.

This is the text of Red Charlotte’s spell: Deal [Magic + 4] damage to an enemy. If they are a Tower, deal 3x - 5x damage, based on my Ascensions. Gain 2 Mana, boosted by my Gold. [3:1]

If Red Charlotte’s team has 30+ gold, her mana will re-fill after every casting based on the text of that spell. (It’s 12 mana, not 15.) If she’s in an all-Blackhawk team as part of an Adventure Board team, there are probably multiple Rogues in there, which means they’ll earn a healthy amount of bonus gold when making a 4+ match because of the Greedy traits.

Perhaps this is what happened here? That it’s not a bug, but simply her spell working the way it’s worded?

9 Likes

I guess that could be what happened. It just seems crazy, that I never saw her mana refill before she did another Quick Blade.

Hey @SheckyMolotov !

If you notice this happening again, could you grab a video of the battle?
Then we can confirm if there is an issue occurring or if as Kazef has mentioned, maybe a miscommunication with the spell wording.

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2: