Recruiting has become close to impossible

It doesn’t stop players of any level being manually invited but it does stop people joining through the guild finder.
Chances are you had someone manually inviting a lower level player, ranks 4 and above (out of 5) can all invite players through the ingame profile.

6 Likes

This! The level requirement doesnt do anything for inviting people but it does stop random level 20s from joining your guild if the req is set higher

Hi All,

Maybe I step on very thin ice but its keeping me busy so just give my opinion.
Is the level so important by recruiting?
I have in the 4 years I play seen very strong high participation passionate players under the L 1000
Imo is Level say not so much over a player with the Armor/Vip you can level up real quick and have a high L player but not motivated to participate is different events.

I like to see the progress of the lower level players how hard they work to reach goals and like to learn from the more experience players imo are they very often more active and a real win for a guild.

Not only that, but I understand if a guild is to recruit for good strong GW players or very high gold input yeah then I understand that the benefit of higher L and experience is a must, but further I think that the lower level players are underestimated in what they can do for a guild!

THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION, SO DONT SHOOT ME DIRECTLY :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Level 1441

6 Likes

Level is important sometimes yes. While it is true that some lower level players are very good, in guilds where they demand extremely high gold/trophy amounts then high levels are a must. And i dont think lower level players are underestimated, lots of guilds take low levels/newer players so they definitely arent underestimated. It also varies by player, one low level may play the game for hours a day and another may play a few times a week

6 Likes

Hi @Tigress,

Okay fair enough thanks for explaining and dont get me wrong I dont say that everyone underestimated lower/new players but I see it pretty often that first look is the level not what player is behind that Level :wink:
Full agree over input but thats what I mean that is not level related but character /devotion.= and team spirit in a player.
That I brought this in is coz im housebound coz a visual handicap and can only play this game on my own way ( my battles during much longer, and the underworld is much more difficult for me to play without missing a good match coz need to reach the boss with my start team that cost much high concentration/focus and coz I cant see the whole board in one I have to scroll with my eyes the board, I know a lot will think why for G sake do you play this game…)

But I love this game its for me not just a game its a big part of my rl and the guild’s where I was in since I play this game I was always a win for the guild (not my own words!)
So as low level player I was very great for the guild coz im a real team player all team events Im in top coz I love to work/play for the team and so was there often a lower level on LB coz I was so devoted to the game and play so much as my health let me!
Now im L 1441 still the same player only the battles became easier.

So I understand the recruiting absolute where the priority lies and agree if you cant meet the requirements then dont join or ask first if they want to give you a chance to prove that you are as lower level worthy enough to join that guild.
Coz its real frustrating me that no matter which level players join a guild and are not frequent active if you join a guild you have the responsibility to be a good member we all have a live next to it but join says me be active and a team player otherwise is this the wrong game imo.

I see your point

1 Like

Guilds are one of the most rewarding and frustrating aspects of this game at the same time. As many people who play the game know, the amount or resources and keys you get being part of a guild is very high. If you are an active player you need to be in a guild. The problem is…

A: There are more guilds than active players…and so many guilds fight for the same 30% of players who find some sort of thrill changing guilds all the time…

B: Guilds, and some guild leaders, feel they “own” a part of the game and fight with people who leave for legitimate reasons, and create this strange power struggle in the chat as they bad mouth each other and other guilds.

The bottom line, much of what you get in this game requires you to be in a guild. On top of that, you need to be in a guild that matches your activity level.

I saw a long series of post in the public chat in game where one guild leader was bad mouthing a player that left. The guild was a solid top guild, with something like 300,000 gold a week and the usual activity requirement. This guild leader was upset that a young player had been part of their guild for 6 months, and had left to join a higher guild. I stayed out of the argument, but that thinking is ridiculous. That player did not owe the guild. They had spent 6 months growing and participating in the guild, along with giving gold and resources to be part of that guild. They found themselves at the point where they wanted a higher guild. Good for them. The problem is this guild leader was trying to group this player with those guild bouncers that gain satisfaction joining a guild for 1 month and then leaving again. They spent 10 or so long post going at them, while other players joined in.

So you have more guilds than players. You have players that like to jump. You have guild leaders that somehow think they made the game and are owed something. To make it all come together we all need to be part of a guild to maximize our time…it is just a mess.

I really wish 75% of our resources each week came from our own participation, so that while guilds would still be important, you would not have the issues that seems to be growing as the player base shrinks.

5 Likes

It’s always sad to see players go, but some just outgrow a guild - or fall off because they can’t or don’t want to play as nucbss they used to. Badmouthing someone because of that is ridiculous.

A guild leader may own the guild but not the players in it - which make the guild.

And 300k is low. Some people want to go for a guild that gets to legendary tasks every week. Some discover a passion for gw and want to be in the higher brackets. 30 players, a guild can’t be flexible enough to accommodate everyone and their needs with how many ways the game can be played and guild members can cooperate.

3 Likes

Every now and then I ask the guild members how they feel about the recruitment level, because taking in a not very experienced player takes time from all the helpful guildies, so it’s teamwork to teach a newbie. It’s a great feeling to have a few guild babies still in the guild after a few years, watching how they now help others and me in some daily things. We’ve also seen those who play like crazy for half a year then burn out and fade away, but still, great memories with them. So my opinion is, if the guild is not too competitive and can find room for a GOW baby, it’s worth it.

5 Likes

As a new player, I can give some feedback. Lots of these guilds people are recruiting for have rules to do everything. While I usually do that, there are days where I am too busy to play and don’t want discord messages asking why I am not doing something. I come from a game where I did that for 6 years and just want a fun game with no stress. I am now in a guild where only a few of us play the events. I wish more played them to up our rewards but it is better than everyone has to play them. So my opinion is to offer middle ground guilds. Play when you can no pressure. Hardly play at all you are kicked. I would love to move to a guild like that but so far it had been tough to find one. So I stay in a guild where nobody really chats (which I dislike) yet I don’t have to be active for every single event. Just my fyi as a new player.

So out of topic, but we have an opening in Pilipali on Sunday most likely, if you want to come check us out😂 Sorry @Eika didn’t mean to recruit here :grimacing:

3 Likes

No worries haha!

2 Likes

Wow and thanks. I really didn’t think that player level req was blocking lower levels joining. I have seen it happen so many times that I thought it was just a preferred or recommended parameter (like weekly reqs).

Are this the guys who join the guild and immediately leave again after a few minutes? So they can grab the guild rewards for events? That’s what we got recently. And that’s why I wondered.
New members shouldn’t be allowed to get the rewards that the guild got for events until they stay for a while. Imo.

sorry, I’m relatively new to this game, playing it with excitement for a few weeks now with great fun, actually already lvl300 (way to go, I know :wink: ).
If you find any typos or grammatical errors, I’m sorry. I’m not so used to write in english, I’m german. (my first post in this forum btw :wink: )

6 Likes

Almost. They generally join an active guild and hang around doing nothing or very little other than ‘leech’ rewards until they are kicked. They then go elsewhere and do the same. Rival guilds may also send a player to your guild for a rest lol, especially during guild wars. Its really quite sad

2 Likes

Welcome!

Don’t worry about any errors in your posts. Many people on the forums aren’t native English speakers, I’m sure.

3 Likes

Hi @smurf62,

WELCOME
Im Dutch and while I play this game almost 4 years daily Im here now think 2 weeks active, and I feel me a pretty rookie between all these great knowledge and much more experience players here :star_struck:
My English for sure grammatical is not the best, but I like it, you post here and share your experience with us!
We understand each other and otherwise there will be ask for what you exactly mean, so no worries :wink:
Have a great time with gemming and here in the community, real much to read and learn, and it made for me things more clear and many tips how I can further grow and making progress in my game :star_struck:

Im a PS4 player its for me not possible to play it on pc/mobile :frowning: I believe the most here are pc/mobile players, but we talk all over the same great game :grinning:

Have all a great, good new week with much pleasure and fun in your game :star_struck:

1 Like

Thx sylverscale and Shivandri for your welcome. Very much appreciated.

@Shivandri : I’m playing it on a PS4, too. Just found the game a few weeks ago in the PSN store while browsing. Can’t believe that I missed this gem (literally :smiley: ) for years, as it’s on for quite some time. OK, I played these type of games on mobile and pc, too, before but never one like this with the tactical component through the cards on the right and left. I hope I distracted not too much away from the topic of this thread.

2 Likes

Lol, my kids has literally show me this game in the past I played pc games like FF, and much other adventures but coz a visual disorder I couldnt play any pc game anymore 4 years ago they said try this mum and its the only I can play! (only on ps4) but I real love this game and there it has so much things to make it a great game :star_struck:

2 Likes

When you join a guild, any rewards that were already unlocked are not available to the new user. Otherwise, users would jump from guild to guild to abuse this exploit. Only rewards that are unlocked while you are a member of the guild are available.

4 Likes