Rating Popups after already rating game

@Cyrup or @Kafka
Platform, device version and operating system:
Android, 8.1

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I have already rated Gems on Google and I keep getting popups to rate. Expected to no longer get the popup asking me to rate.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?
Constantly, since the update.

Steps to make it happen again
Play the game, popup occurs randomly.

I rated gems earlier this month. I am logged into Google play games using the same email as Gems. My hubby rated Gems and received a small reward, I have not (not concerned about that) and he has not gotten any more popups thus far. I rated the game through the popup screen. I have tried to edit my rating to see if Gems would see that I have already rated the game, did not work. I have completely closed game and still get popup.

0 Likes

Solution:

Change your rating to 1 star, and note you were nagged into leaving a rating. This is what I always do when devs get pushy.

0 Likes

Another pop up today. Annoying. Any reason the game isn’t registering that I have already rated it?

0 Likes

@Cyrup @Kafka

I posted this issue over a week ago, still getting rate the game popups.

0 Likes

Hey @Kris11! This shouldn’t be happening, and we are reviewing our code. To stop it from occurring in the future, please reinstall your game. It is most likely that this is continuing to occur due to some data being out of date.

1 Like

Definitely not intended to happen more than once!

If you anyone else has this it would be great to have a screenshot, and let us know if the rating link works (Some players have mentioned it hasn’t)

0 Likes

I’m not going to chance something going wrong by reinstalling my game, I’ll just deal. The rating link works fine for me, takes me directly to my rating.

0 Likes