Rating Popups after already rating game

@Cyrup or @Kafka
Platform, device version and operating system:
Android, 8.1

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I have already rated Gems on Google and I keep getting popups to rate. Expected to no longer get the popup asking me to rate.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?
Constantly, since the update.

Steps to make it happen again
Play the game, popup occurs randomly.

I rated gems earlier this month. I am logged into Google play games using the same email as Gems. My hubby rated Gems and received a small reward, I have not (not concerned about that) and he has not gotten any more popups thus far. I rated the game through the popup screen. I have tried to edit my rating to see if Gems would see that I have already rated the game, did not work. I have completely closed game and still get popup.

Solution:

Change your rating to 1 star, and note you were nagged into leaving a rating. This is what I always do when devs get pushy.

1 Like

Another pop up today. Annoying. Any reason the game isn’t registering that I have already rated it?

@Cyrup @Kafka

I posted this issue over a week ago, still getting rate the game popups.

Hey @Kris11! This shouldn’t be happening, and we are reviewing our code. To stop it from occurring in the future, please reinstall your game. It is most likely that this is continuing to occur due to some data being out of date.

1 Like

Definitely not intended to happen more than once!

If you anyone else has this it would be great to have a screenshot, and let us know if the rating link works (Some players have mentioned it hasn’t)

I’m not going to chance something going wrong by reinstalling my game, I’ll just deal. The rating link works fine for me, takes me directly to my rating.

Sometimes the screen behind the popup is blank, as seen in file, other times my hero worldmap is in the background. Which I have a screenshot of as well. Popup happens usually every 2 days. Sometimes twice a day. Yes, the link always works for me and takes me directly to my rating.

@Cyrup

Thanks for that, I’ve made a note of this for the team!

Hey @kris11, I checked this up with the team and I’d like to confirm - when you click Rate Now, does it take you to your own rating prompt or just the store generally? if it does it again, can you please see if you can return back to the game?

We can’t see any log of this occurring on our end (i’m sure you’ve done it) so it would be good to see if, when it happens again, a log is recorded.

When I click on rate now, it always takes me directly to my rating. Yes, I can always return back to the game .
I will take screenshots once more if/when it happens again and try to take note of what I was doing and the time. Thanks for looking into this!

For the record, this happens to me as well on IOS.

@Cyrup Just got a popup. 10:45 am PDT. Occured after checking mail. I clicked on link, took me to my rating and I was able to return to the game.

1 Like

The best way to fix this issue is to reinstall the game, as it happens when the game data becomes out of sync. If you link your account you shouldn’t have any issues accessing the game again straight away, but I understand the hesitation. It’s up to you!

@Saltypatra
A thought: when my husband rated gems, he received an in game reward for doing so, I did not. I am not concerned about that, but wondering why gems did not recognize that I rated the game. How would reinstalling the game help with that? Would gems then recognize that I rated? Trying to figure out which end the issue stems before I go through uninstalling and reinstalling. Another poster above is experiencing this issue too, in case you missed her post.
I just got another popup and edited my rating to see if that would change anything, did not.

We are happy to send you the in game rewards associated with rating the game if you contact our support here.

A majority of the time when players are experiencing this problem reinstalling the game fixes it, which is why it is our first suggestion. By reinstalling you will ensure your data is in sync, as it being out of sync is the primary cause behind this.

Thanks, @Saltypatra. I am not concerned about the reward. I’ll just deal with the popups for now and reinstall at a later date if other issues arrive. I appreciate y’all having looked into this.

1 Like

@Saltypatra @Cyrup

I uninstalled then reinstalled the app and I am still getting rating pop-ups, so that didn’t “fix the issue.” Any other suggestions?

Wait there is a reward into leaving a rating!?

I always just dealt with the popup and closed it asap since i dont do ratings on maoblie apps/games.
Mostly due to the feeling of “devs being pushy” as mentioned before, despite the game or app
(no accusations here tho :slight_smile: i love everyone here, devs included! :heart:)

I don’t recall the reward my hubby told me he received, a few gems I believe and he received the reward almost immediately after rating.

I don’t leave reviews either, but went ahead since I enjoy the game so much. I’m considering deleting it and trying again some other time.

I just don’t understand why my rating isn’t syncing with the game, I’ve done everything on my end.