Random Trait Ideas

I shall don the armour and sell thy soul bit by bit to its cost. rise from the grave of forgotten memories. The necromancer beseeches thee to rise and be remembered. Welcome from the afterlife thread of random trait ideas.

Mountain: when doing skull damage deal 20% of this troop HP as additional damage.
Condensator: Each time enemy casts a spell give 2 mana to all allies.
Revenge: If killed by skull damage 50% chance to kill the attacker
Blessing: Give all allies 1 random stat on every 5 match
Siphon: when this unit is killed drain the mana of all enemies
Ego: Each time YOU target this troop with a spell (sunweavers spell and similar) gain 2 for all status.
Terrifying presence: all enemies lose 1 of every status at the start of the battle
Hypnosis: enemies canā€™t select targets for their spells (spell that target enemy of friendly troops are cast randomly)

I like the trait ideas and i hope to see a few of them possible get seen in troops. (some of them already are i think)

I was thinking of something simular but all allies get +2 mana when an allied troop cast a spell

Wanted to get peoples thoughts on this

Edit see mr @DonBoba has already thought this except mine is when an ally cast a spell not the enemy although either way could work! Hehehe

1 Like

Cleave: when i deal skull damage - the damage deals only 75%, deal missing 25% of the damage to a random enemy
Empirical: When my stats increase - also give 1/4 of that stat increase to all other allies, when any other allyā€™s stat decrease - decrease the same stat on me by 1/2 of the loss

I love this! In fact I had an idea for an ability that would increase modifier of spells by 1, or some factorā€¦

Also:

Sniper: allows you target your skull dmg
Prodigy: For every ally of [same color] reduce casting cost by 1.5

Finally:

To prevent it from being OP, what if instead of completely random, since youā€™re sneaking up it just puts them in reverse order. OR, maybe you only get X turns before they pop back into their normal formation, that could add some fun twists to battlesā€¦ :thinking: :grin:

1 Like

I just noticed that this over 1 year old necro thread is back, lol.

With all of the changes since then, I could probably extend this list to like 100 different traits. The main few that is really needed these days are:

A trait that can reflect skull damage that any troop can obtain, instead of just on 2 legends.

Traits made to give a % chance to negate a spell cast from a specific color.

Spell resistance.

2 Likes

We really dont need this kind of rng.

2 Likes

While I appreciate the idea @Tacet, and can even see it being a fun dynamic to play with, I can already see the threads about how the AI cheats. Devour always procs for the AI more than me already, this would be another, in some ways, WORSE version of thatā€¦

RNGesus hates meā€¦ :rage:
except when He Loves meā€¦ :grin:

:wink:

1 Like

It balanced puzzle quest pretty well. :stuck_out_tongue:

The main issue I can see as more and more troops are added to the game is the increased chance that teams can win in 1-3 turns. Not even freeze can counter it if a team empowers into full mana into loop into instant win.

This use to be more of an issue when troops could spawn 30+ gems per cast, but things like empowered, targeted converts, guardians, and future troops have a loop synergy that can win quick enough that a % chance to break it off a trait would be the only viable option to stop it. Not talking about anything too high, even 5% would be high enough.

Probably because i decided to post in it hehehehe

I disagree that the colour resistances balanced PQ well. They were always a feature that frustrated and annoyed me. For GoW, Iā€™d generally oppose introducing to many things (like mana drain) that stall games, frustrate and leave players feeling they wasted their time.

Edit: and to answer your point re Empowered into loop teams: agree, always said that Empowered board changes were a bad ideaā€¦ but in this case I think your suggested cure is worse than the diseaseā€¦

1 Like