Quick Reference Tables (Banners, Classes, etc)

G’day all,

I’ve built a web page featuring Quick Reference Tables for Gems of War:
paulius.50webs.com/gow-tables.html
tinyurl.com/y9gzochr (short version)

The purpose of the page is to quickly answer questions that aren’t so easy to answer in-game. Questions like:

• What’s the best available banner for this team?
  • Where do I find Red/Green Arcane Traitstones?
  • Which Hero Class does that crest represent for next week’s Event?

I’ve started by focussing on banners, but there’ll be more to come.

If you like my efforts, please bookmark it and tell your Guild!

I’m also happy to consider requests, and would love to hear any suggestions to make it better.

Enjoy!

PS: I could use some CSS/Javascript help to improve the navigation menu.

17 Likes

Yesterday, I added some new tables:

• Comprehensive Hero Class table.
  • Heraldry tables, including lots of shorthand info about each Kingdom and Class.
  • Also updated the Kingdom Power Table, which was added last week.

I’m wondering if I’ve tried to do too much in the Heraldry tables. The initial idea was to make it easy to find Crests for Class/Faction Events, and for Kingdoms. I feel I may have added so much extra detail that the crests get lost in the clutter. Feedback?

Incidentally, I feel the most valuable tables on this page are the first Banner Selection table and the Kingdom Power Level table. If you need a reason to prominently bookmark my page, those would be it! :wink:

Here’s a quick peek at the banner-selection table – just one of three ways to quickly find a banner on my web page:

Banners-Small

2 Likes

Way awesome. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Starlite, I really like your web page and the help it provides. If you still need help with css/javascript, I may be able to help you. Thanks for you work collating all info!

1 Like

Thanks for the likes and comments.

I’ve just updated the online version to include The Warrens.

(No need to update the printable version, as I used spoilers from Taran’s World to include them in the December release.)

Update Notice
I’ve updated the online tables up to Sentinel class, and the printable tables to Dark Pits (new Faction, due 8th March).

I’ve also updated the Kingdom Power Star Checklist to v1.4, and included the new Hero Classes predicted out to August (in grey, so you can write over them easily if they change).

Base link for all this content is The Starlite Lemming's Super-Lab -- Gems of War

As always, I’m happy to hear any suggestions for improvements. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just saw this post with the link to your tables. Very helpful. Thank you for your work on these. More people should know about this.

1 Like

Oh snap! I stumbled on the quick reference tables randomly when starting the game, and still use them from time to time (mostly for the class and banner info). Great work Starlite.

1 Like

Thanks, guys. It always feels good to know they’re useful. Helps inspire me to add more, too.

1 Like

@Starlite
After using your reference sheets for several months now Printable Reference Sheet, I thought of a few suggestions based on what I ended up adding to the printout.

On the Kingdom Power Checklist, a box to check off if a player has obtained the Hero Class Weapon in the Hero Class section.

A Faction Checklist or some sort of checklist for players to know if they have obtained all the troops for that faction.

In the Quick Reference Tables, a table that shows the weapon the Talent Tree correlates with. For example, Cunning = Dagger. I printed out the Hero Classes Reference Table and added my own table to the back of it. Embarrassingly, I did not realize for quite awhile that a weapon correlated with a particular talent in the tree.

Once again, thank you for all the time and work you put into this, I reference my printout almost everyday for months now and has been such a great help to me!

Thanks heaps for the ideas, @kris11!

I like your insight on the weapons/talent trees. I hadn’t thought of it that way at all, but it makes sense. I have a plan to add full text for all the talents to that table, but it’s a tricky job to get right; maybe I should try a simpler version to start (like I did with class “abilities” in the printable reference).

I’ve kind of run out of space for more on the Power Checklist, but maybe… Technically, class weapons are not part of kingdom power, but it’s still a good idea. The Factions would need to be a separate checklist. I hadn’t thought of that because I always go straight for 4x Mythic when a new Faction releases. I do use a tally while opening portals, which could be printable, I guess. Would it really be useful, though?

I’m curious about some feedback on reconfiguring the Power Checklist:

• Does anyone use the full width of the 1,2,3 traits column? I’ve started putting faction abbreviations in there on my personal version.
  • Would adding abbreviations for released Factions be too confusing? I find knowing which kingdoms have factions is useful for anticipating future troop counts.
  • Would it be okay to merge the last two pet columns into a single “Pets Maxed” column? After all, L10 and L20 are the only key levels, and 10 doesn’t take all that long.
  • Any interest in a column that shows what is blocking the next Power star? I’m hesitant because it changes frequently, and I have no room to expand the Key. I have this column in my own version, but I have to change it any time I print.
  • Any need to rearrange or realign any of the columns?

I’d love to hear people’s thoughts. Keep in mind that I’m more likely to act on a suggestion if you explain the benefits. :slight_smile:

Could you add quick reference tables to show which Kingdom provides what bonus as well as which delves you can get what legendary at? That would be awesome!

Thanks, @Warlord1981NL.

The Kingdom bonuses do appear in two places, but I agree that it’s not ideal. The printable version of the Kingdoms table is better for this (previous page, using the “< Gems of War” navigation link). And there’s also the Heraldry table (which is overly busy).

My problem is, I really need to redesign the base website, so I can have different pages for different types of table. For that kind of job, I need to discuss it with someone who understands web design, but I’ve not yet found anyone. :slightly_frowning_face:

On top of that, some tables would benefit from re-sorting and filtering functions, and I have no clue how to do that outside of a spreadsheet.

Sorry I don’t have better news, for now.

I love this sheet, do you have an updated version with all the hero classes on it?

I do. Really sorry I haven’t updated this year.

I lost access to some of the software I use, and have been severely distracted from reinstalling it on my new PC – by another mobile game. :groan:

Hoping to update everything next week, after the new Faction event.

2 Likes

I finally updated my online tables for all the new stuff this year!

http://paulius.50webs.com/gow-tables.html

The printable PDFs will take some time, because Google Sheets can’t handle my Word documents.

4 Likes

Nice job Starlight!

1 Like