Question to everyone

Is Gem of War just a game for you?

For me, it’s more than a game. It’s what’s holding me down to pass the time. The time that I need away from (I’ll just say foolishness) that’s unwanted :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. I could play other games but this has a spell on me (the creators do their voodoo so well) :sweat_smile:. I do other things to pass the time as well, honestly. It’s just a game, though. I remind myself of this when things go lopsided. :sunglasses:

1 Like

For me personally it is a legendary game in which I spend every free minute for over 3 years and it inspires me over and over again!!!

1 Like

When I first started, I thought it was gonna be like Candy Crush Saga, ie. play until my lives run out, wait until my lives are restored, then repeat. That is until I joined a Guild. Whether by hook or crook, I became attached to my fellow guildmates and I’m guessing they became attached to me. Now when I do WE, Raids, GWs and Invasions I push myself pretty hard so we can close the events and I can turn in a decent performance in GWs. Ig what I’m trying to say, GoW has turned into a community for me.

3 Likes

On one hand, No. Without Gems, i think my life might be a whole lot more chaotic. It is the most consistent routine in my life. I work from home 60% - 80% of any pay period, and rarely go out, aside from my regular in-office days. I’d probably sleep until 5 minutes before work each day if i didn’t have my dailies to get done before i start my day.

On the other, it still is just a game. Another live service treadmill would do as well. Destiny 2 covered my needs for the 2 year break that i took from Gems, albeit not as well, so i imagine a decent replacement game would do all the same. Big difference between being able to knock out a pet event in a few minutes vs. needing at least 10 - 25 minutes for a Destiny PvP match or a strike though.

I will be pulling back from GoW a bit when Starfield drops, but with the concept of daily and weekly tasks being non-existent in a single-player RPG, I’ll still be looking to Gems for the routine to keep me sane.

I think that’s why it hurts so much when the Devs start messing up and treating players poorly. I don’t want to hate this game to the point of leaving again. I left last time because i hated being a GM, and the only way out was out, out…long enough to be forgotten.

3 Likes

Sometimes it’s a bloody nuisance…!

2 Likes

Ultimately, yes, it is “just a game.” And aaallll the stuff (good or crazy), are just par for the course of playing it.

1 Like

A video game is just that, a video game. It should never interfere with real life.

1 Like

it is a great time killer for me

1 Like