Question on Monday's Chests

What troops are we “expecting” to see added to the Chests on Monday?

Zuul’goth and Xathenos, because only 2 of 19 2018 weeks have had a Monday update without the need for a tweak or patch.

You probably meant “scheduled” instead of “expected”.

The troops that are supposed to be released are detailed at http://taransworld.com in the Troop Spoilers. Many people don’t like seeing that information unless they go looking for it. The date is May 14.

3 Likes

How can the information I’m looking for be a “spoiler”, if the troops have been out for 3-4 weeks?

I’ll rephrase. What are the specific name/s of the troop/s already released that will be added to the Chests on Monday. Not including any new Kingdom stuff. Also, I dislike this 3-4 weeks CYA stuff.

1 Like

OOOOOOH. You mean “Which troops were released previously that will be new inside the chests.”

That I don’t know. Maybe a dev can answer. Given that it’s “3-4 weeks” I can only speculate. Here’s my guesses based off the “timeline” page at gowdb:

3 weeks ago was 16 April.

• Clockwork Sphinx and TED-1000 were released on that Monday.
  • The bounty troop Pharaoh Hound was released the Friday before that.

4 weeks ago was 9 April.

• Morterra and Wall of Bones were released on that Monday.
  • Undine was released the Friday before that.
  • All 3 of these troops are already within chests.

So it should be Clockwork Sphinx, TED-1000, and Pharaoh Hound. It looks like the devs are on the “3 weeks” side of “3-4 weeks”. (Technically we should expect Pharaoh Hound tomorrow. Considering a new kingdom is launching, I’m not betting on it.)

1 Like

The constant statement of 3-4 weeks is bullshit. It’s ALWAYS 4 weeks.

Except… all of the 4-week-old troops are already in the chests.

So the question is really, what troops are being released every 3 weeks?

I feel like ‘3-5 weeks’ is being tossed around but was only casually said in a circumstance where someone wasn’t sure of the number.

I can’t imagine it takes so much effort to add troops to chests that sometimes it takes an extra week to do so and it takes 4 instead of 3. It’s more likely that “every 4 weeks” is the intended number, and the 3 was a mistaken statement.

None! I’ve questioned many times why they say 3-4 but no real response. My theory is so people will waste resources trying after 3 weeks.

It’s not a very good plan. You can see what’s in the chests with the tools I linked, and all it takes to not waste resources is post on the forums, “Hey, can someone tell me if they’ve found this troop in a chest?” It might mean you have to wait an hour or two. I know that can be disappointing. But it’s worth taking the time to wait before dumping all your keys.