Question about new mythic week

This article says “A new Mythic is released on the first Friday of every month. This is the best week to find a Mythic from a chest”.

So is the drop rate for mythics higher in those weeks? If not, why is it “the best week to find a Mythic from a chest”? Or is there a typo and it’s just the best week to find the newly released mythic from chests, but the drop rate’s actually the same as usual?

So is the drop rate for mythics higher in those weeks?
No.

If not, why is it “the best week to find a Mythic from a chest”? Or is there a typo and it’s just the best week to find the newly released mythic from chests, but the drop rate’s actually the same as usual?

I wouldn’t call it a typo, more of an exclusion of an important word “specific” in front of the word Mythic.

1 Like

Also,

Event chest - Mythics belonging to the Event Kingdom or newly released Mythics can be earned

seems to contradict this

For one week after the Mythic’s release, it is the only Mythic available in all chests excluding Event Chests.

@Cyrup

@back is correct, that wording on the help page is wrong.

I would say the wording is confusing, not wrong.

Excluding Event chests, the new Mythic is the only Mythic available in all chests. Event chests may contain the new Mythic but also may contain Mythics that belong to the Event Kingdom.

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t call it “the best week to get a mythic”, except for some weird criteria. Here’s a more wordy explanation combining what other people are saying.

Normally, when you try for a mythic, two rolls happen. First one roll decides what rarity of troop you will get. Then another roll chooses which troop of that rarity you get. But there are currently 34 mythics.

If you have 0 mythics, you probably want “any mythic” so that doesn’t matter. If you have 10-15 mythics, this gets problematic. There’s a 50% chance the mythic you get is one you already have. That gets worse every time you get a mythic.

This isn’t true during mythic week. You know exactly which mythic you’ll get. So if you want it, and try for it, you know you only have to win one of the two dice rolls. It kind of works against people too: once they have the mythic, if they don’t want duplicates it’s safest to stop spending keys.

1 Like

I updated this yesterday, and cleaned up the formatting of the article a bit. I’m waiting for someone else to review this. We’ve all edited the article a few times so it’s become a bit of a hodge podge.

1 Like

The other’s have explained this very well.

The week a mythic is released it is the only mythic that can be pulled from every chest excluding event chests. (And gold chests, you can’t get mythics from gold chests after all.)

However, in event chests, you have a chance at the mythic of the event kingdom.

I hope this helped!

1 Like

@Saltypatra and @Cyrup

This part confuses me

Event chests may contain the new Mythic may also contain Mythics that belong to the Event Kingdom. That to me sounds like when I open event chests I may get the new mythic but I may also be able to get a mythic from the event kingdom.

Again this sounds like I may be able to get the new mythic from event chests.

I’m sure new mythics will not drop from event chests unless they belong to the event kingdom during their exclusive weeks.

To stop confusion I would say event keys will only have a chance of dropping mythics from the event kingdom.

Mythic droops? should that be drops?

4 Likes

Technically they are correct. Except they never do that. They never schedule a new Mythic for that kingdoms event week. But maybe that will change in the future.

1 Like

The devs are definitely wrong here, unless @Saltypatra asks them and clarifies the game is doing something special.

Taran’s done some of that work for us. He made a page that looks at the game data and tells us what’s in each chest. https://www.taransworld.com/Chest/

If you check the week of October 29, you’ll find The Possessed King in Event, Glory, VIP, and Guild chests. But the only mythic in Event chests was Stonehammer.

Event chests are special and have their own rules about what can appear, so they aren’t currently affected by Mythic Week. Considering people can wait a long time for a specific kingdom event to roll around, I think it’d be unfair to add the Mythic week mythic unless it happens to belong to that kingdom and would’ve been in the chest anyway.

5 Likes

@Maxx @Slypenslyde there is some difficulty wording how event chests work, so we are re-working the phrasing now. :slight_smile:

EDIT: We are fixing it now.

1 Like

It’s updated

2 Likes

Please change/reword this:

• VIP Chests - The best chest to earn Mythics from, and if you don’t, 2 Epic Troops or 2 Arcane Traitstones are guaranteed.

That totally ignores Legendaries/Celestial Traitstones, making it sound like players only get Mythics or 2 Epic Troops/2 Arcane Traitstones or at the very least, always gets 2 Epic Troops/2 Arcane Traitstones regardless of what drops.

This isn’t an article about VIP Chests. I’m hesitant to add that information. I will link to the VIP Chest article instead.

Also, these are the changes.

Im quoting it directly from the Event chest page. Its in the screenshot you just posted.

@Saltypatra and @Cyrup It’s a lot clearer now.

Updated it anyway. Multiple people have written/edited this article so it’s become a bit of a hodge podge.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback on this everyone! :heart:

When I explain people I like to group the chests based on how they behave. There’s really 3 categories:

• Easy chests have a fixed pool describable by “all released troops between these rarities” and follow the rule “only drops this mythic during mythic week.”
  • Guild chests change their rarity possibilities as your guild collects seals and only offer mythics after certain goals are met. They also have a very special rule for Guardian troops that affects their rarity odds.
  • Event chests focus solely on one kingdom, so the new Mythic is only rarely eligible to be in the chest at all.

What’s still not clear in this article is whether a kingdom with two Mythics would offer both or just the new mythic during the new mythic week. The current wording uses “also” which implies both. I’m not arguing “how it should be implemented” but I am curious if that is “how it is implemented”. It’s… not likely to happen any time soon haha.