Quasit and how to tell what it actually does!

Could highlight the affected stat(s) as you suggested above but also provide the necessary info in a separate pop-up, similar to how they explain some spells/traits.

Only highlighting the stat is like having a flashlight but no potatoes.

2 Likes

Well… there’s not really much point to continuing this discussion… but to my mind, the game giving you a bonus point for matching 4 skulls (with then trait/status multipliers applying) is very different to each individual troop having its own wildly varying static damage number.

But one way of doing this is just to base all damage off the magic stat, as different troops can have different magic stats. Instead the Devs have opted to give many troops a magic + X calculation. I imagine this is for balancing reasons more than anything else, but I don’t know.

I think this is precisely for the reasons outlined in this thread. By giving a troop, say, 5 more baseline Magic and changing a spell scaling from “[Magic + 5]” to just “[Magic]”, the troop becomes more suceptible to Magic stat reduction. Aside from that, the two would be functionally equivalent.

It’s also possible that the devs want a level-1 troop to have essentially “empty” values for all of its stats, to make the increase at early levels feel more meaningful (going from 0 Magic to 1 Magic, or 1 Magic to 2 Magic, feels more meaningul than going from 5 Magic to 6 Magic, for example).

Folks the difference between WEB is a limitation that you can recover from but REDUCE SKILL you can’t and it doesn’t go lower than 0 even if you keep hitting it.

Reducing Life to 0 - Kills the troop
Reducing Attack to 0 - normally would mean 0 attack on skull match
Reducing Armor to 0 - means any damage now is directly on life

Appreciate the tangent here.

Yes, but “Web” is exactly to “Reduce Magic” what “Entangle” is to “Reduce Attack.”

I feel like, mechanically speaking, the game is more interesting this way.

Spells are the “special thing” that a troop does. It’s flashy and can be game-changing. I think it makes sense that “reduce magic”, a mechanic that permanently (in the context of a game) changes the spell can’t quite suppress it as much as “silencing”, which is temporary.

Yes, it makes “reduce magic” weaker, but the tradeoff is once you knock a troop down to 0 magic it has the worst version of its spell unless it can find a way to increase it back. Crimson Bat is miserable vs. troops that can reduce both attack and magic. I’d much rather deal with Silence alone, because at least it can still bite your face!

If the flashlight was the worst analogy you’ve ever read, you haven’t read many of my posts. I figured it made more sense than trying to explain the difference between “null” and “0”. Just like there are many infinities, there are many things “nothing” means.

What I am trying to figure out is what each of the animations means because I believe once you break their opponent troop, an incorrect animation (Heart throbbing) happens - since no points are taken off for life. Once the shield is broken (which when you make a hit with Quasit shows broken shield animation) - killing off the troop through quasit x point reduced - does not seem to happen.

I just finished another round ( @Ozball @Sirrian - looking to have a verification of the animations)

I was at this point 0 magic, 0 shield 0 attack 33 life

The three Quasits - fired off

Animation – Magic ball appears
Animation – Heart throbs (no point change in life) (Which normally happens when shield isn’t broken and there is life - life decreases)
Animation - Lightening bolt (no point change in life) none of the other animations happen

So what is the Life indicator when it is reduced?