Quality of Life Requests

I have been with the game since I believe 2017 and finally decided that I wanted to share some things that I think some of us end game players would like.

The Hoard Mimic Troop

I have played explore constantly in the 2 years since this troop was announced. During that time I have grinded out traitstones to fully trait every single troop i own and almost all of the ones that i don’t. I have only popped the HM fight 2 times, both times, no card.

The ideal thing to do would be to increase the drop rates, but assuming that isn’t something the team wants to do, my suggestion would be to add mimic spawn opportunities to more chests in different modes. Players like myself have no use for explore anymore because we are overstuffed with stones. I rarely play underspire but, but if my elusive mimics started double of nothing fights with my sentinel chest I would play them. If you revamped Treasure Hunt to let me wager my winnings against mimics I have 8200 Treasure Maps ready to go! Delve chests, etc. I am ready to get made when I spawn a hoard mimic and end my lvl 500 delve with nothing to show for it.

Whichever direction we go to get to the hoard mimic fight, can we just make the troop drop rate 100% once the fight is over?

Shiny Troops

I want to sit down and read alllllll the lore. But I want to do it easily. Can we get Shiny Level as a drop down in the search filters?

Pathfinder Trait

As we know, Journey has become less enjoyable for many since pathfinders were nerfed in relation to their abuse in PVP. The pathfinder trait itself becomes useless after their event concludes. Since trait three is a wasted slot anyway at the end of the Journey event, can it not be amended to also give them that +1 gem creation event boost that we used to have without it getting spammed in PVP?

Soul Forge

End game users have an absolute trove of resources that we don’t need anymore. Wisdom orbs, lesser trait stones, treasure maps, etc. A feature to break resources down in the forge to souls or shards would be nice to make other items would be welcomed. It may be a cool opportunity to create a new forge resource to make new items.

Dragon Eggs Duplicates

I 100% get why the dragon pulls are random from the gem and cosmic eggs, but I and others have been victimized by RNG on this one pretty hard. I think it would be a good angle to amend the dragon pulls to behave the same as guardians from the guild chests. Once I have 4 Amethialas, I shouldn’t get anymore. I have pulled six of these babies. The guaranteed crafting is nice, but 2000 dragonite is hefty.

Same concept could be set for gnome vault troops. I have gotten a dozen or so burning hammers that I keep converting to souls. I want the tarot cards that i am missing!

Dungeons

On the subject of dragonite, it would be nice if we got half the dragonite when we trigger a trap, and 0 when we trigger both. Lately, I just click through to see if i will have a perfect run. If i pop a trap, I don’t participate in any of the dungeons battles because I don’t really need the gems.

Pure Faction Delves

Probably a long shot, but it would be a big boon for my sanity of the Faction weapon counted towards a pure faction team when going after Faction Renown.
Home Kingdoms and Explore

As someone who still has to grind explore trying to find the white whale Mimic, I think it would be a small but welcome change to make explore the default option when selecting a kingdom. I have been a Khetar loyalist since practically day 1. At least once a week I accidentally click through and hit “set as home kingdom” somewhere else, forcing me to change it back.

Alliances

This one is a bit tough, but my understanding is that the Dark Order has owned every citadel without fail since Alliances launched. My best suggestions is that every PVP season, players are randomly sorted , evenly, into alliances and get a loyalty bonus if they don’t leave. I don’t really know where to go to look, but I assume that Dark Order has a disproportionate amount of players which causes them to win.

If we want to keep everything exactly the way it is where folks have the autonomy to play with their friends or guildies, perhaps run this on a curve of some sort. Maybe If Dark Order has 1000 players, and Bright Empire only has 400, the citadel only takes the scores from the top 100 players from every alliance.

4 Likes

I agree with most of this, though I think pathfinders had more than 1 gem more than they do now. It was 15, I believe, and it’s now 10 (or 11 if shiny).
The only major thing I disagree on is the alliances. Yeah, the system was clearly TERRIBLY designed and I have no idea how they thought it would work the way they wanted it to, but part of the reason everyone went for Dark Order from the beginning was that it had the coolest look, name, and flag. Sure, once it started outnumbering the others, many chose to pick it for the advantage those numbers gave, but that doesn’t change the fact that it was the favourite pick anyway. Many players (myself included) would be severely annoyed if we were forced out of this alliance, even if it had no effect on rewards, because we like the name, etc. The whole system was bad, and it’s been pointed out numerous times, so I get wanting to find a better system, but that must not include forcing players into alliance they don’t want.
I’d much rather we find something players agree on, where the alliance is scored relative to it’s size, like taking an average of the scores earned by all players, so the number of players doesn’t matter. Or, like you suggest, only the top 100 players in each alliance have their scores included. Something that makes it more fair, without punishing players.

I would also say, from day 1, it was pointed out to the devs that in a system where most of the rewards go to the winning team and there’s no limits on how many people can be on any given team, most players will flock to a single team and all share the rewards. They tried to limit this by reducing the rewards based on how big the team/alliance is, but by then it was too late. Firstly, most players liked their choice and wanted to stay put, secondly the loyalty system discouraged moving to another choice, and lastly it was clear no other alliance could win so swapping just meant giving up all rewards instead of trying to move to a smaller team and try to win bigger rewards. The bad design had the effect everyone expected. And the devs had plenty of time to change it, but chose not to. Another example of players giving feedback and devs ignoring it leading to the game getting worse as a result.

3 Likes

Bountyhunter trait is also functionally useless outside its event type (as are Faction Delve traits), but it has a difference of a large pool of Troops with it, and that multiple copies of the trait stack (additively) with each other.

Pathfinder, though . . . have we yet had a Journey event where you can have multiple (different) Pathfinders on the team? Because THAT is going to complicate matters, since the event type does not apply any scoring bonus to the featured troop specifically (unlike the 2x Scoring bonus linked specifically to the bonus troop/weapon for Tower of Doom, Raid Boss/Tower Invasion, and Bounty weekends).

1 Like

Currently happening.

This week.

I have to check my casual account to see if it has the other pathfinder and then some science might take place (main has progressed too far into the event so it would make too much of a slog for me to bother.)

1 Like

Had a guildmate already test adding both pathfinders, during early battles, and it made no difference. Only the current pathfinder (zebrataur) gives a bonus. Having both gave no increase to the bonus miles.

1 Like

I still think that the current yellow centaur journey event is the developers admitting that a green centaur journey event made no sense and that they have “fixed” the problem, even though they will never openly admit it.:rofl:

It just baffles me that they reduced enemy levels by about 10% and they think that it makes everything fine. Wouldn’t it be easier just to make the journey troops have a ×5 magic bonus for the event like raid and boss troops?

This isn’t rocket science, but it sure does feel that way…

1 Like

Godslayers/Siegebreakers incorporate the damage multiplier directly into their spell effect (final trait or not), on top of the featured/new Troop having a double Magic bonus and double scoring bonus just for being on the team at all.

1 Like

I understand that journey troops would have to have their magic coded differently because raid and invasion troops have their ×5 bonus damage outside of the event. But they already give journey troops ×2 magic, so it shouldn’t be hard to change that to ×5 magic.

Would it dumb down the journey event if people just used journey troops to defeat everything easily with ×5 magic? Sure. But the event is designed so poorly, I don’t see any other simple answer to an ongoing problem.

People have mentioned that journey troops should get their original gem spawn back for the journey event only, but the devs will NEVER respond to anything, let alone that specific request…

Yes, I think I worded it incorrectly. I believe it was 3 gems then a 3 multiplier now it is maybe 2 gems with a 2 multiplier?

1 Like