Q: Guild Chat can be Private?

Hello, I am Zotar from the Sword of Justice.

I am writing here for I have to ask in the forums is there anyway to have a private posting for our guild?

I been on other forum sites and there was a way to block people from seeing the post unless there invited into the chat. This made great used for guilds or clubs and I wounder is there any kind of set up here.

I much like to chat to my guild mates about battle tactics, how to improve troops for next time, ect, ect…I don’t want our foes to know how to beat us or defend better. So is there anything like that here?

Thank you and see you in the battle feild,
Zotar

Hi Zotar, there is no way to have private guild chat on the forum. My guild uses discord which works well and is multi-platform. It also allows different channels, for example we have a channel for each colour day in guild wars.

2 Likes

You can send a private message to multiple forum members. I have done that with small groups, but never more than 3 or 4 people, so I don’t know if it could be done with 30 or more. I don’t believe there would be a way to remove members once they are invited to that private conversation.

That is the only forum function that might meet your needs.

2 Likes

My guild also uses Discord for that purpose. I know some guilds use various other options: Telegram, LINE, a closed Facebook group, a private board, etc.

It should be possible to do a mass-PM in the forum which would then function like a secret thread, but there are limitations: you can’t remove people, and the PM thread will close itself after 500 posts. At least that was the case the last time I tried it.

4 Likes

Thank you all.

1 Like