PVP victory awarded no gold

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I invaded a player worth 1100 gold (before bonuses). Upon victory, I expected to earn roughly 2100 gold. I got 175, the amount I earned from in-match 4- and 5-gem sets. If the game keeps track of who players have invaded, the battle started at roughly 19:00 JST against a level 300-ish opponent, IIRC.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Heck if I know.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
Nothing that would help.

Edit to add: if it helps to identify my opponent, their defense team is three level 1 epic fortress gates that have 8 attack, and a prismatic orbed hero.

Could be a graphical glitch. That happens to me every 2-3 days. Did your connection freak out before you got the 175? If it did, I very much assume it was a graphical glitch.

I don’t think I lost a connection, but it may well have happened.

I don’t know how much gold was actually awarded. This happened in the middle of a multi-match spree on my part, so I wasn’t paying attention to my pre- and post-match totals. If the devs keep a log of matches and their results (@Sirrian?) it would definitely help to clear up if it was a graphical glitch.

This has happened to me, but I did end up receiving the gold anyways. I always check the amount of gold before a match starts because this 0 gold has happened to me on numerous occasions while I’m always given the gold, but graphically showing a 0. Just a display issue imo