PvP update Reactions

Can this really be called PvP!! when all the teams are randomly generated…!!! …O.K. Thats the first issue…
Now a list of other minor issues and observations…

2.Tier rewards and rewards for promotion are underwhelming.

3.Laagggggg when loading Pvp opponents.

1. Lack of fun VP rewards during pvp battles.
    This is more a suggestion for extra VP for devouring foes maybe a perfect reward for getting through a unscathed etc . …

I hope this doesnt come off as too critical because this (PvP) is definitely going in the right direction and look forward to the future updates.

5 Likes

There seems to be an issue in kingdoms (except for Broken Spire) saving defense teams. Or maybe they just can’t keep the ones, that contain a hero, as if the hero gets the MVP status after a fight, it glitches.
Those permanently random teams sure are not intentional. I don’t expect a fix before the end of the year though.

I don’t care for temporary boni, so this part of the rewards drops from my view. Top 3 ladder rewards increase with league, so expect some better stuff in the next four weeks.

The variety for VP sources could be increased a bit, yes. Points for healing or increasing stats would be neat.
Also the imbalance of point gains between levels is troublesome. 25-90 is a far too wide margin, and maybe it should not depend on level difference at all, but just on opponent level alone.

The lag is unarguably horrible.

All in all the mode has promise. Takes quite a bit more work than the old 16 ranks though. Not sure, if I will keep putting as much effort into it in the long run.

3 Likes

I think a Omnivore !! VP reward for eating the whole opponent squad would be fun, and something fun killing all your opponents with skulls and insta kills would just add more of a fun element to brake up grinding.

I assume the teams will become actual PvP teams when more players play it, though I actually prefer the fact it feels more like explore+, where you can do battles against random teams in set categories other than kingdom. Like if I want to face an all yellow team, right now I can, and it’ll just be four random yellow troops. That’s great for all those troops and weapons that specifically work against yellow.

Rewards are underwhelming, especially the boosts, though I assume new players will like them more.

Lag sucks, and needs a fix. ASAP.

I’d love to see more bonus options for VP awards. Right now, it feels heavily weighted towards certain teams, especially the pathfinder/journey troops. Devour and insta-kill can trigger the “assassin” bonus for killing a foe in one attack, but only if your team hasn’t somehow dealt any damage to them. I’d suggest a bonus for killing multiple foes in one attack/move (even if they’re already damaged and you’re just finishing them all off with scatter damage or splash, or whatever). I’d also like a “flawless victory” award for taking no damage, and a “jammy dodger” award for losing three or more troops and still winning. Basically more ways to earn bonus VP, with a variety of playstyles.

3 Likes

I initially assumed as well, that it’s a problem of players ignoring the more restricted areas, but I’ve seen a few confirmations, that Pvp teams in the outer kingdoms are not saved. So the patience has rather to be geared towards development (who are in end of year vacation already I think).

Well, that one maybe not so much. There are bonus points for winning with four, three and two troops. If you add a bonus for winning with one troop, you might as well slam it into the basic score.

If we did not have those pointless daily tasks (plus the not-so pointless campaign tasks) already, I could picture a few random Pvp tasks every day for a moderate amount of points to cover that stuff. “Add 1000 armour points”, “Devour 5 opponents”, “Create 20 storms”, “Transform 3 opponents”… and so on. Things that lead you a little outside the usual setups, if you’re interested.

3 Likes

I agree. I like it this way too. I’d prefer to not face the same loopy meta team that everyone is using right now.

5 Likes

I thought it was only a “lose no troops at all” award. If there’s an award for keeping two and three alive, then yeah, a “jammy dodger” award wouldn’t work.

1 Like

So long as none of these options turn into campaign or path options. It’s bad enough being forced to PvP with thick lag. I don’t want to bf forced into region and team restrictions.

Sorry i didn’t see this thread. I just made another one to discuss pvp. If we speak loud enough they will hear us.

1 Like

The only somewhat positive spin on the new PvP is an opportunity to get almost 1 deed book per week with some investment. While books of all colors are in shortage, I’ll happily take any of them.

That’s about it. Nothing more positive that I can say at the current moment.

• The lag - I experience some of it, not in such a degree as others have told or shown, but still. This issue need to be fixed last week already!

• Stupid scoring system. I don’t care what the devs intended, I don’t care that it maybe’ll sort itself out sometime in the bright future. I don’t give a damn! All I know is that right now, as a 2200+ player, I’d be constantly kicked in the nads if it ever occurred to me to compete for a leaderboard.
    While your stupid scoring is in place, could you for starters, please, limit the pool of my enemies to only players of 1800+, preferably 1900+? And would you, please, in future thing about consequences of a stupid scoring system before implementing said stupid scoring system?

• If I want to play against randomly generated enemy team, there is already a great mode for that and it’s called explore. I can use a team with whatever arbitrary restriction I feel like coming up with to make things fun for myself and I don’t need a new mode under the guise of restricted PvP regions for that.
    Your advertising is false for now.
    Besides, as I myself and others have mentioned, if restricted regions someday get the promised the-team-you-face-is-the-team-that-person-used going, it will most likely be even more boring with metas than old PvP was. Not sure, what some are so up in the air happy about.

• Trinkets Talismans in the shop are just as useless junk as trinkets in Underspire shop are. Nobody should ever buy them ever.
    Pets (while they seem to be bugged and working outside of designated areas for now) are also meh…get one copy for the sake of getting it and use pet orbs when available.
    Meh, meh, meh…only a deed book is okay.

So…with Pet Gnome rate in new PvP being just as poor as in the old, nothing captivating in gameplay and whatnot - just do the PvP goals for the week (even though that requires higher number of games now and we got robbed of a number of glory keys along the way) and forget about the mode until next week…oh, dang, you might need to do some more battles to qualify for purchasing aforementioned book of deeds. Well, do those games as well and then forget about the so-called PvP until next week. Exactly like in the old system.

EDIT. Did some more tinkering and must agree now that PvP pet don’t work outside of PvP, while they do contribute to shown pet bonuses for the team. Also went for the bat pet thing (for elemental bonus) and stats in PvP are higher than stats for the same team outside PvP. I stand corrected.

2nd EDIT. Did I mention the stupid way of switching between teams (especially true for non-restricted central spire)? If I ever want my tonsils surgery done through the nether opening I think I know just the right team for the job.

9 Likes

i completely agree about the scoring, but i did test the pet thing, and it shows the bonus when looking at the team, but it did not apply the bonus outside of the specific PvP region it was intended for (at least for Com-Bat). Its just another issue of having all the similar-effect pets stack in the bonus screen causing confusion.

At least in underspire, the wild trinket CAN help speed up / improve consistency for the fights you use a lantern on, i like having them for when a team is sub-par, but every other trinket is either pointless or actively harmful. All of the talismans in PvP are literally useless.

3 Likes

Honestly, this isn’t PVP. I’m facing countless teams with no heroes and no thought behind their construction. It’s (poorly done) PVE. Boring.

4 Likes

Regarding teams…careful what you wish for. Because next you will complain you are basically facing the same team over and over in each region. Just check what people are playing with…the same popular teams.

5 Likes

For anyone saying this is just explore, it’s worth mentioning that explore only gives one class xp per battle, while PvP gives 2, so at least you can currently use PvP to level up classes, as long as you can make a team with that class that fits one of the zones (probably one of the three colour zones).

1 Like

fully agree to every word you said, as a high level player and that additional lag i already hate that new system. going for the goals every week is already a pain right now.
will go back to grind explore

1 Like

Another annoying and absurd detail - why the expletive are base scores all over the place?
Was it really so hard to always put them like

LOWEST BASE -------- MIDDLE BASE -------- HIGHEST BASE

you know, in logical, perfectly easy to pick un and understand manner?
Nah, it surely makes too much sense - can’t have that. Must do convoluted as expletive.

3 Likes

The fights are sorted by team strength. Which seems logical to do. If you ignore, that this value has no influence on VP score.

1 Like