Pvp stats not coinciding from one account to another

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
My leader board stats do not coincide with a friend of mine
What are the steps to make it happen again?
I have no idea
Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
Yes.

These screenshots were taken seconds of each other. Which one is right and which one isn’t? Just thought this should be addressed because it’s more than likely happening to other people as well.

I think the difference comes down to when the server last connected with the game. Data passed before and after each battle is the only time the server is contacted. During the battle there is no connection. May have something to do with the timing of that.

2 Likes

How do you explain the diffrence in stats then?

how can you go from 75-5 to 76-4? :smiley:

If you quit, lose connection, or the game crashes, it counts as a loss. Presumably, when you start a battle, it notifies the server, and the server basically counts it as a loss unless it receives a message from the client that you won the battle.

It’s not clear how often the client synchronizes leaderboard data with the server, but I know the devs have said there’s a delay:

2 Likes

I can confirm multiple occasions that when I’ve had a Defense win, or loss, there’s often a delay from 4 min to 13 or 19 minutes before the PvP leaderboard synchronizes to my current stats.

Can be rather disconcerting when likewise it took that long to signal a PvP status update on my end!

You are missing the point…
IF you have 75 wins and 5 losses, there is no time in future where your score would be 76 wins and 4 losses.

4 minutes later, 10 minutes later, 2 years later… you still should have 5+ losses

Most likely, what @collectorofgems said is true. Server instantly counts the game as a loss, and then when you win, it auto-corrects itself, which is just bad coding, especially since there is an option for draw already in game.

How would you detect disconnects or force-quitting the game, which is intentionally counted as a loss? I’m guessing that’s why the system works like it does. If you start but never finish a battle, it’s a loss. The only alternative I can think of is to count it as a loss on the next player interaction with the game that’s not part of that battle, but that would cause problems with people using multiple devices.