PvP Scoring is now a joke

I made it to Diamond league fairly quick…was always in the top 3.

NOW? If I clear the top 15, I am lucky. Of the 30 players in the “league” I am assigned, some of them clearly have too much free time on their hands as they play hundreds of battles and dominate the top 3. Now I play a a lot - but I do have other things in my life that demand attention.

To add insult to injury - each week, I still get a message congratulating me on my PvP progress and saying a reward is attached…but THERE IS NOTHING THERE!.

Are you kidding?

Suggestions to improve: Make the pool of competitors smaller each week. Maybe 10, not 30, so that it is more likely we can compete fairly and even out the field of “whales” vs the casual or disinterested players.

Also, give everyone a reward of at least several gold stars for just showing up. Or don’t send me a message congratulating me for nothing.

10 Likes

Before the change, I would play enough PvP battles to get all reward tiers every single week. Every week since joining over 4 years ago.

Maybe played 20 battles total since PvP was changed, and most of them were simply using a GAP to get a Pet Gnome.

3 Likes

I’m the opposite. I used to basically ignore PVP, now I play it a lot. Before you ask, I play it more now because I find it more enjoyable. I only pay attention to the scoring to make sure I don’t get demoted a league.

3 Likes

PvP scoring is a bit off.
We need a better distribution of VP and sometimes all 3 battles are worth minimun VP.
It should always be small, medium, large depending on difficulty.

1 Like

Quite the understatement… Higher level players have no chance if they don’t play at least twice as much as lower level players. And battles don’t take half as long as they do for lower level players.

1 Like

I’d rather like to see some consolation prize for staying within your bracket. One that makes it worth more to stay in your bracket for two weeks than intentionally dropping down one week and climbing back up with a top 3 reward the next week.

6 Likes

Honestly, If I were going to fix it, I think the VP and other rewards for the battle should be based on the Team Score rather than the player level. But, knowing how team scores are calculated, that’s not entirely fair either. Making that change would require some massive rework on team score calculations.

1 Like

As it’s not actually PvP with RNG teams why not just have RNG teams generated with levels based on your level with base of say 30/60/90. That way everyone will have teams scaled to them and it allows ponts to be scored equally.

5 Likes

I was finishing in Top 3 since the new PVP started. Now in Diamond I’ll never even be Top 8 it seems. I dont know what the Devs could even do about that? Two weeks ago 3rd place played over 3k matches. Last week, 3rd played over 1200 matches. I’ll never see top 3 again and if it wasnt for the Tiered rewards I probably wouldnt play PVP anymore. I just dont have the time to invest to chase the leaderboard like Diamond league seems to require. Ill just get my rewards each week and not play any matches after that. Im even below 1500 level and I usuually only see matches in the 40s and 50s no matter which arwa I play. I stopped seeing the 80 and 90 point matches once i hit Diamond league

1 Like

PvP became a joke with the pay-to-win update. No point in looking at he leaderboards unless you find whales interested. I try to unlock all the rewards. At first I went for the pets. Now I just get dragonite.

Not being able to use teams slots or set defenders is the nail in the coffin. Not enough people cared about their defense stats. My defensive stats get worse everyday. I’m guessing most don’t even know how to view their PvP defense stats.