PVP Pet Bonus not applied (Com-bat)

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android, Galaxy Tab S7, 13

Screenshot or image:

You can see pet bonus levels are the same in Explore 9 in broken spire as they are in Geheron. Moist Owlette and Com-bat are both mythic level.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I expected an additional bonus in PVP from the PVP pet.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Whenever I play a blue elemental team in Geheron (2 days)

Steps to make it happen again
Max com-bat pet, play with an all blue elemental team in Geheron in PVP. Check team bonus and then comoare vs. Elemental team bonus in Explore.

this looks as though its the pet giving the effect outside of pvp (which it shouldnt), not that the pet is not working. the pet is actually working BETTER than expected. (3 magic from magmapillar, 3 from owlette, 3 from com-bat)

Just to confirm though, in battle do the units have the same stats as well? it could be displaying the bonus pre-battle but not actually giving it once the battle starts.

1 Like

Thanks - great idea. It looks like maybe it’s applied in reverse? Lower numbers are in Geheron.

a difference of 18 magic means there are some other boosts going on as well, idk what boosts apply in explore that wouldn’t in PvP, but we would need to know what those boosts are to see what the actual difference is.

1 Like

Using 3 nyshas on both teams - can’t think of anything else. Maybe I’ll just go run a bunch of elemental teams in E12 until this gets sorted :rofl:

just to confirm, they have all the same listed bonuses in geheron and explore? if so im sure somebody must know why explore is getting a bigger boost. There must be some way to explain the gap in magic down to either a 3 point difference (expected behavior) or the magic stat being exactly the same (pet working outside PvP) I dont pay enough attention to these details to know what might be causing it though.

Yeah, you can see in the ss. And same, I have no idea. maybe @Bramble can help. And also, if they mean +3 the pets should show that vs. x3. It shouldn’t be this hard to figure out. But then I have only been playing two and a half years :wink:

i posted this in the discord a bit ago, but its how the pet bonuses work:

just as another explanation for the stacking pet bonuses, the bonus that the pet is saying x2 or x3 for, is that it doubles/triples the BASE 2 life, 1 attack, and 1 magic that using 4 elementals give you. Each pet is giving double/triple that bonus (based on pet level), and those bonuses are then ADDED to your teams stats. This would be MUCH more clear if the bonuses weren’t stacked into each other, and instead displayed once for each pet.

so the pets ARE multiplying the bonus, which is THEN added to your stats

Got it, thanks. So, in theory, magic values should be plus 9 in PVP and plus 6 in Krystara. Instead we have plus 18 in Krystara, which would seem like the PVP pet bonus actually was x3 the kingdom bonus. But as you said, who knows? At the very least, it is not working as intended.

close, the displayed bonus should be +9 magic in Geheron and +6 magic everywhere else. The fact there is an 18 magic difference in battle is a different issue, that i dont know enough about what bonuses might apply to explore battles that dont apply to PvP battles.

See this one. Seems the application of the bonus is also inconsistent.

they have the PvP pet at level 5, so its doing 2.25 x 1 magic, rounded down to 2. So 3 from magma, 3 from owlette, 2 from com-bat = 8 total, which is what is displayed.

Got it. So maybe the difference is the starry pet! Like @XLS78 I was expecting x3 on 6 like a starry pet. But I think in Explore it’s taking the 6 x 3 from the starry pet to get to 18. Which makes sense and means both working as intended, although displayed improperly. Thank you for helping me figure this out. If you’ve seen my previous posts on discord about pets, you’ll know I have a mental block about them! :rofl:

1 Like

all pets work by multiplying a base bonus, then adding that amount to your stats, depending on what kingdom the starry pet is from, the base bonus is different, then multiplied by the 3x from the pet, then added to your stats. You can google what all the different base bonuses are, but the starry pet works no different than any other pet, it is just stacked with the regular pet as well for a given kingdom.

The stats displayed on the bonuses page ARE the stats being added to yours. since all of those bonuses are the same in PvP and explore, there is something else, NOT from pets or listed in the bonuses tab, that is affecting your stats as well.

The 18 point difference is (most likely) not from pets. Its probably something like kingdom level giving that bonus when you fight in the kingdom or something, i would have to poke around myself to figure it out, which i might do later. other people might just know it off the top of their head though.

EDIT: I can confirm the PvP pet seems to be working properly, as i used the same 4 blue elementals (aquaria, aquaticus, arcturion, birchthorn) and they had 2 more magic in Geheron than they did in explore (my pet is level 1, so 2x the base of 1 magic is being added). The display is wonky, as we have known for a while, but the bonuses do seem to be applied as one would expect.

1 Like

Lol I give up!!! Lol yes, right, remembering now starry pets are kingdom based only.

I was in Broken Spire if you feel like sleuthing. Here is the team [1426,6751,7232,6895,3041,2,2,3,3,1,3,1,14034]

Nothing in common but all blue elementals.