"PvP League Results" mail reports different result than info in PvP Ladder

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC, steam.

Screenshot or image:
none captured.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
In PvP ladder page half an hour before weekly reset, I was shown in topaz league, at 5th place in my local bubble, with about 11k points. The 3rd was about 18k and the 6th was about 10k. So I expect to get a promotion and no top-3 gold mark reward. Yet after weekly reset, I receives “PvP League Results” mail telling me that I finished 3rd, get gold mark reward, and promotion.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Several weeks ago when I was just promoted into topaz league, I was at 25th place of my bubble and expected a demotion, yet I wasn’t demoted in next week. In later weeks I was in the middle of my bubble and expected no promotion/demotion and did receive neither. I assumed (wrongly) that the bug might have been solved, until this week.

Steps to make it happen again
Don’t know. Given the unsymmetric nature of bubble, I assume only result in my bubble matters to my promotion/demotion/top-3 reward. Maybe the bug is that my place in other people’s bubble wrongly counts for my result?

1 Like

Maybe related: In the week I was first promoted into topaz league, finishing all PvP goals (at about 8k points) placed me at 25th place, while in last week, 8k points was enough in top 10. I guess that’s because lots of active players got promotion to higher leagues in these weeks. Maybe more than it should have, due to bug.

You’re in more than one bracket that you actually see. Who knows how many we are actually in during the week. So just do your best and hopefully you place in one of them.

1 Like

Larger thread: [Reported] Pvp league promotion - #47 by Boris