Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

PVP (Casual & Ranked) Gold Fix

Also this would have been a good way to handle this scenario, but it requires, “The team can reliably get information into the patch notes.” (See my previous information on how you can accomplish that.)

“There is a gold reward exploit we had to fix hastily so our economic adjustments related to Epic Tasks are not threatened. We did not get to test it thoroughly, so we need you to pay attention to your gold rewards. If they seem far outside your expectations, please report those expectations here. We have what we want in mind, and if you help us find the places where rewards are way off base we promise we will fix it Soon™️. If you find the exploit and report it then I’m sorry but we’re not fixing that.”

What it does that didn’t happen:

• Announce there is a problem that has been solved.
  • Admit that the solution didn’t receive the QA you might like it to have.
  • Set player expectations that gold rewards might have been reduced, and that the dev team wants to fix it as soon as they can.

I think the only bickering that would’ve happened in that thread would be:

• Players bickering with each other about if this or that practice is an exploit.
  • Players bickering with each other about if the rewards for this or that method are actually appropriate.
  • Players bickering because someone whined about the nerf when it’s VERY clear from the post the devs know it’s a bad situation and want to fix it.

The natural state of players is we fight amongst ourselves. It’s when we get a common enemy things get out of hand.

5 Likes

I’m afraid there has been another bug created with this fix… :frowning:

I’m playing the same 4 teams at T3 ranked pvp over and over again…

I’ll produce some screen shots below; I didn’t start to capture them until I kept fighting the same team. I know what the next team will be before I finish this fight. In this past hour I have had 2 other battles than these and one of those has also has occurred 4 times. I want to skip it because it’s a double lust and L&D team which causes me to get annoyed with the passive trait bs and I generally refuse to PvP battle those that insist on using them, and the game going on for ages etc.

I think it needs looking at.

The gold is better, that’s fine, the matchmaking is the same team every time

Next 2 of 3…

1 Like

Which is actually the biggest issue in PvP. The match making has been broken for years.
But hey… Let’s spend our time fixing fabled exploits instead. :clap::clap::clap:

9 Likes

I had actually put in a support case about the matchmaking issue a year ago and was told it is working as intended.

Edited to remove image, i was informed it is against community guidelines to share information from support tickets in the form of screen shots as they are considered PM’s. Thanks @Jonathan for the heads up.

3 Likes

It makes PVP tedious now.

I actually since this post, have had another team add to the loop, so in 75 minutes and 28 battles (in between other stuff ofc) I’ve fought 6 different opponents and the Rope Dart team is again my next battle…

1 Like

Thanks for that info. :slight_smile:

I think it needs re-looking at, it’s never been the same 4-5 teams as often as this, I’m looping 4 teams, get 1 different about every 3rd run, then back through the same 4 teams.

To be fair Casual PvP was also “working as intended” for 5 years until they decided it wasn’t. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

I put that support case in after they made the change so fireball teams didn’t show up as much, I let it go but I still get a group of teams to battle against and it changes if i stop for a few hours but always seems to end up back to cycling through a group of teams.

@Saltypatra
Why does your current weekly ranked PVP score determine your casual PVP opponents? That’s all you needed to fix.

6 Likes

It does the same thing in Ranked as what you’re inquiring about.

I assume when PvP gets revamped, they’ll take away the tier structure entirely.

Same problem with repeating teams. This whole story becomes more and more ridiculous.

(As a heads-up – I’ve flagged your post since it’s against Community Guidelines to share Support responses – if you edit your post it should become unhidden again, I think.

In a time when we’re being very critical of Devs, I think it’s important to make sure we’re still being respectful of the rules, etc. – not that you weren’t! My guess is you weren’t aware – to ensure communication and negotiation keeps flowing.)

2 Likes

On the other hand: If you find yourself in a circle with highly ranked but beatable teams, you can farm gold like crazy.

I just hope, that is not considered an exploit. And I am only half joking here.

2 Likes

The exploit should no longer be an issue, even with this fix. As I have mentioned prior, we won’t be discussing the exploit in further detail at this point in time. Thank you for by our patience while we rectified the issue and made a fix for it. Have a good weekend team!

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Exactly.

Team mates are open and honest with each other. Otherwise the team is shit.

5 Likes

Same issue and it doesn’t appear fixed

This feels like Epic Tasks in a nutshell. Do something really bad, let people rage, make it slightly less bad, pat yourself on the back.

So we had a not defined exploit in cPvP and a somewhat intention to slightly decrease gold for T1 fights. Both uncommincated before the game was altered.

The result and “rectified issue” is a still tremendous gold nerf for T1 AND T2 fights in cPvP AND rPvP.
AND on top of that the worst looping of 4-5 teams in T3 ever.

Sorry, nothing fits here. Please enjoy your weekend and on Monday have a close look on this all but rectified issue again. Thank you.

15 Likes

I’ve also noticed this, but I think it might be more of an issue of very few people playing pvp these days… unless you’ve played pvp recently your defense won’t show up for others, and everyone appears to be exploring (or delving) since the patch was released.

4 Likes

that’s called being tactfull
#workingasintended

2 Likes

I have further clarified the issue in a fresh news thread. You can read more about it here.

1 Like