Psion+Energy Shield

Platform, device version and operating system:
Windows 10 x64

Screenshot or image:
Not needed

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I had my hero with Energy Shield up, attacked by Psion with skull match.
Energy shield blocks skull damage, so I expected no effect from Siphon trait.

Nevermind, while no damage was dealt, mana was stolen.

Seems like the bug for me.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Noticed it some time ago, but confirmed only now.

Steps to make it happen again

1. Get energy shield on the first unit.
  2. Get hit with Psion with Siphon trait.
  3. See as mana stolen when it not must to.

With ‘energy shield’ you mean ‘barrier’, I suppose?
Anyway, barrier has never prevented mana steal, mana drain and all that kind of stuff. It blocks a single instance of actual damage be it skulls or spells and that’s that. It is not a counter to effects targeting mana.

It is yet another instance of in-game text not matching in-game effects. Psion’s third trait clearly says it steals mana on skull damage, which barrier prevents. The trait should read “on skull matches”, which does not care whether the match results in damage.

6 Likes

Here we go again…

3 Likes

Hey this is currently working as intended, however we’re currently reviewing it.

1 Like

Thank you, Kafka.

But psion wont drain mana if it is entangled…

Psion is such a weird case. It steals mana before getting stunned by titans talent. Meanwhile other troops like forest troll or the silent one get stunned before their trait activates

1 Like

Thanks for the correction. This means there is no fast way to describe Psion’s third trait. “Steal enemy mana when matching skulls, unless I am entangled” is too long to fit on the card. sigh

Ha ha, since it’s same subject, I’ll even do you one further.

Pro-Tip :thinking:
In GW, if you have a troop with barrier that receives skull damage, it still counts against your score even though barrier prevented troop damage.

:thinking: making a bug report for that one so we can test it

1 Like

I thought working as intended

1 Like

Psion also drain submerged troop with his spell. Might not be a bug but bad design imo

1 Like

NERF PSION NOW!!! :rofl:

Good observations all-round!!! :slightly_smiling_face: Like noob, stun order does confuse me a little, sometimes - Emperor Khorvash was another example for me that surprised me (soz if off-topic).

Titans impact perk is the same with barrier. The perk states infilct stun when enemies deal skull damage to me but when doing the Stormhiem raid I was gaining barrier and then giving Drake Rider skulls he was popping my barrier without dealing damage but was still getting stunned.