PS4 Controller on mobile

Hey friends,
I’m a big fan of this game, and I have a minor issue I’d like to ask if there is any way to fix.

My mobile phone is a Sony, and due to this I can connect a DualShock 4 controller to my mobile. Gems of war does support the controller however it believes that my controller is an Xbox controller. This is fine, but obviously the buttons are a bit different, and was wondering if anybody new how to change the configuration to ps4?

Cheers,
Oliver

Screenshot_20201220-153941|690x388

Gems of War mobile and steam does not support 3rd party controllers despite their ability to be used with the game.
I realize how confusing this can be given what you are seeing. Welcome to gems of war logic.
Perhaps @Saltypatra or @Kafka can provide a better official response. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Back in February 2020 I was messing around with this and my PS4 controller ended up in the brick wall in 10.000 pieces. I of course should have asked the boards/sent in a ticket before I even started. These is the things that makes me rapid furious when I am not able to figure it out - in this case PS4 controller werent meant to go hand in hand with Steam version of GoW.

2 Likes

I couldn’t wait to try it out, but not all of the functions worked.
My son was happy he inherited an extra PS4 controller… less enthused that it was purple :purple_heart::blush:

3 Likes

Out of curiosity: why would someone ever choose to play this game on a phone with a controller, instead of using the touch input? I always pitied people playing on a console for this precise reason tbh

1 Like

I’ve a galaxy note 20 ultra, and I have the special xbox controller the phone mounts on, I just haven’t tried it yet. It’s the xbox version streamed to the phone.

1 Like

Controllers are faster if able to use them correctly than touch screens.

1 Like

And more ‘fool’ proof in guild wars.

1 Like

As my phone is a reasonably older model, the screen isn’t the biggest and using a controller would be easier.