Proposed Changes to 3.1

I think stuff like this is exactly what’s needed (for at least the final boss)! Another thought I had is if you started Diseased, or maybe if they started Fast? Or if they were all Impervious?

1 Like

I disagree. Maybe the developers will considers someone’s idea. I just wanted everyone to throw some ideas around. Instead of ‘3.1 is a money grab’

So I did the 3 daily Dewgongs just now, I got zero Diamonds. Its disheartening.

9 Likes

Severely increase traitstone (add arcanes required of amounts and types required to trait said mythic) and souls (minimum 10 times what it is now) on Mythic crafts to give players something to work on while they are waiting for their Diamonds to build up. The ship has probably sailed on this, but I’d prefer some new farmable thing be added to the game as a component (reducing required arcanes) to build mythics and legendaries with alongside the diamond hard “waiting” bottleneck. Add cash purchase options for said farmable thing. Reduce the Diamond cost to 1500, add a 1200 gem cost - actually a slightly higher overall cost, but less forced waiting, and much more effort required. Increase the pool of legendaries craftable to 10 per week, always scaling up to include about a quarter to a sixth of what is available in the game at the time, so they are always on a one-month to six week cycle, and ensure similar for mythics so that they also on this same cycle. A twelve week legendary cycle that continues to increase with the age of the game has the same problem as events do. Reduce legendary crafting diamond costs to 250 (they are way, way overcosted in comparison to their relative drop rates while using the same bottleneck as mythics), add traitstones/farmables to the requirement, double the soul cost (10k), and add a minor gem cost (50).

Diamond drop rates should be consisent, not random. Cut the amounts if necessary, but make them consistent. Farmable things can be random. Forced wait periods should not be.

3 Likes

What change would you like to see?

I have another idea.
If you finish all 3 Dungeons you get a small reward of diamonds/Jewels guaranteed. So people don’t walk away empty handed.

5 Likes

I was thinking 5-10 static diamonds on each of the two Mini-Boss battles, and maybe 10-15 static on the Mega-Boss. At least we get something.

2 Likes

Expand Crafting

Allow the player to utilize their resources with Souls for diamonds. (Reposted)

Convert 10 Treasure Maps using 250 Souls to 1 diamond.
Convert 1 Runic using 250 Souls to 1 diamond.
Concert 25 Majors using 250 Souls to 1 diamond.
Etc. (prices subject to publisher approval😉

4 Likes

Your idea is good too, its all about not walk away empty handed, I think.

2 Likes

I meanwhile am unimpressed that I cannot actually craft to target the specific troops that I need, being a few Ultra Rare and Epic level ones… shame, as I have been looking forward to Crafting for a long time now… I’d hoped for some kind of mini-game where I can spend souls (in some kind of currency gated way) to craft the troops that I miss for ascension… instead I have a convoluted and obscure system to collect daily rations of unintuitive extra currencies, just for a chance to roll some new troops… oh and some weapons that I won’t use, and a Mythic that looks meh…

An obvious next step on the current system is to allow Crafting resources to be generated by Guild Tasks (didn’t do that already, have I missed it?) and in Treasure Hunt…

7 Likes

Also agree on Crafting needing to do a better job of solving for targeting more common troops. I think the ideal solution is for Summoning Stones to get even more targeted. Like, randomly select a subset of all brown troops each week for the brown stone.

1 Like

They have stated that all Guild tasks have been altered and crafting materials will now be included at some steps with an overall 20-something percent reduction in “gem value” of drops while also shifting some raw gems to keys to make up for 4x speed, however, original 12 tasks seem to be the same as they were pre-patch for now, and will probably change when the week rolls over. They also don’t say what crafting resources were added, or how many. I fully expect these the colored tasks to drop the near-useless colored Jewels rather than diamonds while seeing a severe cut in relevant resources and being fed the line that the colored Jewels have some inherent “gem value” that is probably way, way overestimated to the average player let alone endgamers.

Legendary tasks have already changed to the new values, but no crafting materials were stated to be on the LT tables, nor has nobody has reported getting crafting resources from there yet.

1 Like

Just to be clear, as I’ve looked over all of the math, I see a very clear set of short- and long-term goals with the Crafting system. It depends on whether or not your free vs buying one or both of the daily deals, obviously, but it’s clear that Diamonds are the most constrained resource regardless and it’s just a question of how much of each thing you can do weekly/monthly. Here’s the general flow of resources I see:

• Use some of your Jewels each week to craft several Summoning Stones.
  • Use extra Runics and Celestials to craft a few targeted Arcanes each week. (And you can even divert some of the spare Jewels here if you need even more Celestials).
  • Save for a few weeks/months for a specific Mythic.

All in all, it seems pretty decent when you break it down like that. And bear in mind that all of this stuff is “bonus” stuff just from the dungeons. There are definitely some issues where it’s rough around the edges, but the basics seem pretty good to me. I mean, they can’t give away everything for free, instantly, right?

The key issues I see are: (1) making diamonds guaranteed at least for fight 3; (2) making summoning stones much more targetable; and (3) making the boss fights scale better in difficulty. With those three things done, I think it feels like a pretty strong update that solves many of the long-standing issues players have expressed.

1 Like

I foresee a Traitstone-style mismatch of supply and demand, leaving me with far more Rubies/Garnets etc than I need and far too few Diamonds… which seems to have solved the supply and demand problem of getting the right Traitstones simply by creating a different version of the same log-jam… hmmm we shall see how it pans out…

1 Like

Oh, absolutely. It’s clear based on what data we already have that you’ll have a lot of excess jewels by the time you’ve saved up enough diamonds for a mythic. My point is that you’re going to have a lot of extra Jewels vs Diamonds so what do you do with those excess jewels: buy summoning stones and celestials. What do you do with the extra celestials: buy arcanes. So, in effect, you’re getting a lot of summoning stones and arcanes along the way to each mythic. And those are all targeted resources, and resources that you weren’t getting before the update. That’s a pretty nice addition…

• Add crafting resources as daily task rewards (I know those aren’t on PC yet, but us on console do)
  • Add crafting resources as rewards for every level of chest except event chests. VIP would only have diamonds as a possible drop. Or, perhaps, make a certain number of crafting resources a guaranteed drop from VIP chests (similar to 2,000 gold, you could grant 200 shards or 1 diamond or something per VIP chest)
  • Allow dungeons to be playable after your first 3, but limit the rewards to something the devs feel comfortable with after the first 3, so you can continue to play them for fun.
  • When you disenchant a mythic, you should get 2000 diamonds. This will help if you have 4 copies of Drakkulis (like I do) and 0 copies of some other mythics.
  • Ability to craft all other hero weapons that are currently available from bundles & special events only
  • I’ll reiterate my previous suggestion of making it so if you have something 4x mythic, you can sacrifice additional troops to make it less likely that troop will appear. Originally I suggested that with chests, but now with summoning stones it could be implemented that way. For instance, If I have 504 goblins, I can sacrifice 500 of those to reduce the odds of a goblin being summoned via a summoning stone by 50%. In the long run, this will make summoning stones more likely to give you the troops you need. You could implement a cap at, say, a 50% odds reduction if the devs think this is too OP to target newer troops.
1 Like

I like most of your points, though the numbers would need careful tuning…

…but I really dislike this last one:

…as being far too convoluted both to code and to keep track of…

1 Like

I agree it would be annoying to code, but currently disenchanting isn’t worth it. You can farm more souls than you would get for disenchanting in the time it takes to disenchant (other than using the disenchant all, but many people don’t want to use that because we don’t want to disenchant mythics or legendary troops).

If this were implemented you would actually find every troop you get beyond 4x mythic useful, even though it would only reduce a slight percentage off the chance to drop per troop.

Yeah I was really disappointed about this. I was really hoping that I would be able to get the last Baba Yaga I need to get her to mythic.

I wouldn’t mind a buff to disenchanting too.

Disenchanted troops should give a very small amount of shards.

Even something as low as 1, 2, 5, 10, 25 would be fine.

4 Likes

If only there was a use for all these 000’s of maps I’ve accumulated over time…