Proposal: New Status Effect: Clairvoyance

I guess the only possible issue with the suggested feature, the way it’s presented in the image, is that some people with a certain degree of color blindness¹ would probably have a hard time figuring out the gems about to drop… (Small screens of phones and such…)

Maybe if touching the future row the gems would scroll down and be fully displayed for a moment, in order to provide a better view, and then go back to the top of the board all by itself.

¹ : I’m not colorblind or anything², but i have a vague memory of people mentioning they have some issues in this fashion and this suggestion occurred to me.
² : I believe i have a perfect vision, but if i ever make an appointment with an ophthalmologist maybe he/she’ll discover an issue… So nah, glasses aren’t for me… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Knowing you’re about to hand the enemy a Skull match is a useful thing as well, and there are cases where knowing what will fall into a vertical slot can be useful as well. It’s not going to be a game-changing boost, but as a status effect we have far less useful ones already implemented.

Agree about the crowding issue. No immediate mitigations come to mind.

2 Likes

Interesting idea… kinda like it though I can think of any number of things I’d rather the devs prioritise as this seems complex to do… your visualisation example @lyya really isn’t gonna work well on small phone screens… also I’d point out that it’s widely known that the AI already has this effect…

beware of ai using the feature… if its progremmed to

tbh with the new 3.2 graphics i think i wouldnt really use this clearvoyance at all - too much headache to intercept the situation in the game with that distracting graphic