Princess Fizzbang change & hotfix

Right over here, for example.

Anyone remember when you could stack extra-turns with Boar Rider (use his remove a row to make a vertical 4-match) and get two-extra turns in a row (console only)? Those were the days…

PC gamer here, but before reaching level 10 I learned that a Goblin team means grief. It still comes as a painful shock to someone.

I’m honestly sorry, but over where? Can you point me to a thread or post where someone was asking for more nerfs to Fizzbang? I have seen some of the usual spin-off complaints about other troops being OP today, like Krystenax, Mab, etc. If that’s what you’re talking about, then I just misunderstood what you were saying.

Goblins were my lifeline in the early game and I never played PVP until after level 100. Learning to chain extra-turns with Boar Rider was a significant skill/strategy thing for me.

Right here…

1 Like

OK, thanks. I see those as substitutes for the either/or mechanic that they introduced and not as further nerfs. More like alternative nerfs.

2 Likes

Those posts arent asking for further nerfs but different nerfs… That is called compromise brudda

Damn… Sniped by @Stan

2 Likes

What’s wrong with her?

Those posts arent asking for further nerfs but different nerfs… That is called compromise brudda

Sistah. Anyway those are heavier nerfings, even if alternate. Now Fizzbang is unpredictable, with such nerves as the above mentioned she would be simply useless.

Also I’d like to have such readily available compromises for other cards. Long list, we all know them, we have the pleasure to meet them every effing War in multiple copies.

But since the peasants were waving their pitchfork for quite different reasons - that aren’t going away - they received the head of Princess Fizzbang as a compensation.

1 Like

Famine is still considered one of the better solid Mythics, and is used as in defense, so in offense, even today (if we exclude the absurd Fizzbang patch that pushed everything else away).

I believe the Famine nerf to be an excellent demonstration as to what a nerf should look like. It addresses the parts where something goes over the board but keeps the core nature of the troop. For Famine - it was the Jinx trait (overboard for a full draining troop due to stacking; ever since we have absolutely no counter to drain as of currently), but they kept the unique full drain converted into a huge nuke.

For Fizzbang, they destroyed her core context and kept the toxic problem.

@Vangor Calling people who base everything on data and experience trolls just because they disagree with your feelings might be just a little bit short-sighted. Also not sure what Tamum shud is supposed to mean. Probably a typo for a mystery?

Nerf for Wisp:

I don’t think many people use it as a core troop for invade… So I’d be bold and replace the Fast 75% mana for agile. It has extremely low mana cost of its effects, so this shouldn’t be a problem from balance perspective. It would also keep all the core parts of the troop.
Looping from turn 1 is the problem.
Also, agile fits much better as a slippery ethereal wisp.

2 Likes

Just an FYI for you and anyone else wondering… I always use “brudda” in a gender nonspecific way so no offense is ever intended

1 Like

I did not call you a troll… I said if the scenario i described was true then you were trolling. If said scenario was not true then you were not trolling. That is different than calling you a troll.

Google it… It is not a typo and it is not offensive in any way

Google haven’t found anything. I think it should be Tamam Shud - as in the mystery case. A typo, but I know what you meant, no worries :wink: Or is my guess wrong? :thinking:

You are correct it was a typo… Here i googled it for you

Persian phrase tamám shud, meaning “ended” or "finished

I like that alot, burn 2 allies, it would fit into the character alot, my wife and I started calling our daughter princess Fizzbang cause she destroys everything and means the best lol

2 Likes

What about… same as before, but silences herself?

Expecting players to not miss small text on a mobile game…

1 Like

I think burning the 2 allies would be awesome

Eh, aside from flavor, not really. Burning is a completely ignorable status effect now (at endgame, anyway) unless you’re specifically playing against troops that get bonuses against Burning enemies; especially harmless when you don’t give up the turn, which, y’know, Goblins.

I’m in the “reduce explosion count (fixed or random), remove stat buffs, give back guaranteed explosions” camp.

1 Like

The person originally proposed that fizz gets the explosion, the extra turn, and the burning would be fun, though it would not really hurt end game players at all

1 Like

Yeah I don’t expect people wouldn’t miss it or the giant green graphic showing said progress towards the goal.

I’m on an iPhone with a cracked to buggery screen and it’s not hard to read. :roll_eyes:

I really hate the “nerf by adding RNG” thing. Makes them less effective to use and every bit as ‘threatening’ when the AI uses them. No, I’m not claiming the AI does any ‘better’ with them, but they do not have the burden of consistency. When you put something with a powerful enough effect that one trigger of it can cause such an overwhelming advantage to a side and make it an RNG event, a player using it needs to build a team around making it work consistently or it is trash. Meanwhile, an AI defense isn’t going to get frustrated and give up. So yeah, while it technically wins less on defense, it is still capable of setting up that same game ending event as it did before, driving people into frustration. It is every bit as “good” on defense because the AI is expected to lose, so just the chance at a game ending event is enough to make it “good”. The faster the better, though (see also, Kerberos/FG/Spider, who also got a similarly unfitting “nerf through RNG”).

Personally, seeing her on defense wasn’t that bad as the team had a much higher mana cost to start killing you than most “meta” teams, so just don’t let it do that. She should have never had stealthy and then shes trivially counterable in PvP, and still pretty counterable in guild wars even if one cast when she isn’t frozen can cause a loop that will end your team - we’ve weathered things like this before, and she had a 14 mana cost. Meanwhile, I know she was fun to use, but she was kinda broken. I’m usually categorically against nerfs, but the troop never should have been released in that state, and should have probably been addressed sooner. And while she is fun to use now, it would get boring. I got bored using her exceedingly quickly for that I had to make up a minigame for myself - use her with any combination of boar rider and goblin rockets and hold the turn for as long as possible. Even this combo could often just loop enemies to death, but at least I was paying attention to how things fell again like I used to have to.

Sadly, I dont know if the reduction to 5 green gems would have been enough on our current engine. I’ve cascaded the team to full with only 3 green gems on the board. The spikes on new boards falling need to be addressed before we have an extra turn mass exploder. In theory, you should be getting mostly stable boards, some cascade matches, a few positive drops (extra turn) and a few negative drops (enemy gets extra turns). The amounts of overwhelming positive and negative boards both have gone up in Unity. To Fizzbang, unless she is frozen, both these are overwhelmingly positive because extra turn. Thus “broken” troop.

I’d be in favor of removing her stat gain or make it a small fixed value (probably shouldnt have been 20+, magic scaling, AND a random stat when she can so readily spam the spell AND a doubling condition that works on herself) and drastically cut her explosions to the point where it is not likely that she will self fill and fill her team (maybe 5, like Infernus) and then maybe we can have what we should have had in the first place. I’m just not sure it is possible currently because of the post explosion boards I’ve been seeing.

5 Likes