Princess Fizzbang change & hotfix

What if they kept her ability exploding the gems and giving the random stats but made the stat buff a flat amount (8-10?) and had the amount of green gems she explodes scale off magic? I think that would still keep her useful while limiting the insane stat buffs she was doing in her old version

Yup. Getting one-rounded is not fun. I like when a match turns into a sort of chess game, it makes you consider your moves. Do I take a match-3 of Blue even if I don’t need it, because it will stop the AI Khorvash from filling, since my 2nd troop is already down to 10 HP?

I don’t like it when the AI pulls out a bazooka after you take your turn and just blows you away with both zero warning and zero way to mitigate.

The fact that Fizzbang works so drastically different as an invade troop and a defense troop highlights this perfectly.

4 Likes

(Hey, i didn’t particularly have a problem with deathknight, nor do I like him either)

Once again, I think it’s about the type of loss and how player feel it.
Take a new player, played a month, is considering putting $$ in… creates a cool deck, attacks a player, kills the DK, and on the next turn… 3 troop die.
That player think "WTF stupid game ".

The devs are aiming at avoiding this.
This week, with Fizz, the stats probably show a huge increase in player loss (since players were actually hunting goblins). And most of these were I turn loss where there is 20 extra turn, and players go: " WTF stupid game".

It’s just part of the process. Avoid frustrating loss and the sentiment of hopelesness, specifically in a PvE game.

1 Like

Well that was fast. I suppose it’s more fun being steamrolled by Mab.
Because Mab teams ARE more fun, right?

Anyway, two out of two cards being nerfed before the inaugural week is something new.

Looking forward to the new kingdom. Making popcorn. NOT preparing for fast upgrading anything.

Honestly she needs to just not have the stat buff and just explode things instead. Buffing allies up has nothing to do with her theme, story, etc. - she’s supposed to be gleefully flinging explosions around, period.

5 Likes

That would probably make her even more frustrating to fight against. She would still be able to keep on looping indefinitely, you’d just have to watch twice as long for her to win.

Played against the new fizz, it can break up the unending turn now, but still able to have a crippling turn. A good fix would be make AI always take the Skull match instead of ignoring skull matches, that is the main issue.

OMFG! Are you serious? Please tell me this is a joke.

Do you always take skull matches? I know i dont, in fact i only take a 3 skull match probably 1% of the time.

If you dont always take skull matches why in the world should the ai?

1 Like

Brudda, come here, just leave it alone. Not worth it to go into fighting every unreal comments you see or hear. Try to save those little energies instead…

2 Likes

He stated refund available until Sept 18th

Oh please no…we don’t need to go back to being able to skull bait. I like the fact that the ai is playing a little more human like.

2 Likes

So this “nerf” isn’t quite working for me. Here are the stats from my morning play session:

Played through 20 PVP games -

I cast Fizzbang 34 times and got it to blow up green things twice
The AI cast Fizzbang 22 times and blew up green things 21 of those times.

So what is really going on here? I really hate how much the devs program in a RNG that seems weighted towards cheating the player.

2 Likes

22+34= 56 total casts
2+21= 23 explosions

41.07% over the MATCH between both players… given the small sample size one could argue that its reasonable to assume it would be closer to 50% as advertised, but again this over a MATCH and not PER PLAYER, as it should be imho.

Disclaimer: I do not know if they base % on Match casts, or Player casts.

3 Likes

Random outcome may be good and fit the gobling strangness but it’s hard for a player that have to decide how to use a skill that could have different outcome he has no control on.

That 50% chance to do either the explosions or the stat gain is the perfect nerf. Kudos to whoever came up with it.

I disagree. The player have to choose and make a strategy, if he doesn’t know the outcome how can be able to use the skill at the right moment? It could be fun, but not realiable.
If the issue is autosufficiency, there are a lot of cards with the same issue. Even with multiple cards is still easy to create loops.

1 Like

That’s why you have the extra turn, so you can follow up accordingly.

4 Likes

What if they Elspleth her instead?
Destroy a goblin ally, create gems of that color, summon random goblin, gain a turn.

1 Like

Don’t you know, everything that’s been fun in the last several months has been nerfed or taken away from us. That’s the state of this game. If you found something that’s fun, expect it to get taken away.

This is almost verbatim the nerf I suggested in another thread. I see what the devs are up against, you get a bunch of people screaming that an OP card is ruining the game, and upon taking corrective action almost immediately, get an equal amount of people screaming that nerfs are ruining the game.

Having experimented with the new version of the prettiest princess this morning, I admit her buff outcome might be a bit underwhelming now. I’d further suggest it either buff a specific stat on a random ally (ideally Magic, which all goblins and most troops can make use of) or buff a random stat on a specific ally (the first, which can plausibly benefit from any of the 4 stat boosts).

1 Like