Princess Fizzbang change & hotfix

I think it’s pretty clear the dev team isn’t playing at high level/end game. A lot of the design and balancing decisions seem to be based on like the 80th percentile and not the 95th where you really see the true nature of troops.

Famine, don’t care about Famine. Mab annoyed me way more often than Famine. Famine needs to cast be annoying, Mab only needs to be there to be annoying xD
(I know it’s more popular to complain about Famine.)

If you lose vs Krystenax then you have a terrible attack troop. True damage works good vs Krys.
Alch, Hellcat, Gard is a lol-over-everything combination (and fast than double Krys with TDS)… but it’s no fun, not for me at least.

When I tried Kry, Krys, TDS, Krys as offence for the first time I was so pleased with it, it was so fun that I set it as def too but apparently no one was impressed. Could have set 4x Goblin for the same Win/Loss ratio.

1 Like

Refreshing casual pvp 15x, I found 3 Krys teams (once it was twice the same person though).
One with 2x Krys, TDS (I consider that a standard combination) and Drag. Monk (I had that player twice in that refresh - and TDS respawned 2x too) and once 4x Krys (lol) xD

For attack I used a team I haven’t used for a long time. It was my fave team somewhere level 400. (Dragotaur, Drag. Monk, TDS, Drag. Rogue)
And there weren’t problems. So how exactly is Krys so darn strong in def?
(I’m lvl 660 atm)

If endgame is experienced to differently, then maybe something about that mechanic should be changed (magic cap?) instead of nerfing and buffing troops around.

The frustration for me is that these RNG troops that have one beneficial effect and one wasted effect ALWAYS seem to fire more beneficially for the AI then the player.

And yes, Inunderstand recall bias, and yes I had games where my fizzy banged 3-4 times in a row and my Nobend even exploded too BUT that one game I lost where EVERY AI cast of Fizzy and Nobend exploded gems… every one of them and my fizzy kept giving people armor… ruins ALL OF IT!!

:frowning:

3 Likes

So I guess since the devs let this travesty drag on so long, now that it’s the weekend we’re not going to see a fix or even a response while this event lasts. That’s just great.

Guys, you should have fixed Fizzy yesterday. It was clear Thursday that the original “fix” was badly considered and you had a wealth of better options. You have an even greater wealth of them now. FIX HER.

2 Likes

At this point in time we are happy with the Fizzbang fix. If necessary, we will re-examine her in the future.

1 Like

@Saltypatra - can you or one of the team play a good number of matches against the AI with the following team and explain why you think it is ok…

Nobend Brothers
Princess Fizzbang
Queen Grapplepot
Queen Mab
(Frozen Banner)

It has quickly become the meta defence I am seeing (along with others in my guild) and it is basically a race to see who mana’s up first. Yes, it is beatable, but is this game play really what you desire?

1 Like

I don’t have too many issues with this team when I deprive them of mana and use Mab to freeze them.

With the nerf of Fizzy and Grapplepot you will likely see this team being used less.

Even those that called for a nerf aren’t really happy with the results :confused:

1 Like

The RNG-based nerf was dreadful and pretty much everyone hates it. It is necessary to reexamine her. I honestly don’t see how you could be happy with her current state when the vast majority of players are not. When Fizzbang does not bang, her buff is almost always completely wasted. I’d rather live without the buff entirely, if need be, than keep on with this random either/or crap.

I’ve been patient about the crashes and other bugs from the update because I get those are being worked on. But this change made me angry in a way nothing in this game has in a very long time.

1 Like

Just remind that.

Not really. Players continue to play during the week-end so we have 3-4 days after Fizzbang’s nerf. Not really fun to play against this team.

And in GW it’s just a nightmare…

Still don’t understand why

but half the time “extra turn + big explosion…” should be a good idea…

3 Likes

This team is the new justice league. You created the newest Kerberos. The explode hits 9 out of 10 times for the ai but maybe 1 out of 10 if you use her on offense just like Kerberos devours 9 out of ten times for ai but 1 out of 10 if used on offense. You guys screwed up and now refuse to fix just like the justice league team.

Then imagine those that didnt call for a nerf how they feel about this nerf…

2 Likes

I’m one of those people… And aside the now somewhat required daily activity, I have t played gow since…

You are all of course entitled to your opinions. We will likely revisit her in the future.

@Taliesin I can guarantee that the AI and player both have the same chance of having her explode or buff. The AI is never rigged against the player.

Again, it’s worth reiterating that you’ve had lots of good fix suggestions. The easiest Is:

Gain an extra turn. Explode 1 random green gem, boosted 1:1 by all goblins. Increase a random ally skill by 1+Magic/2, doubled for a goblin.

2 Likes

I know differently from experience. I’ve kept track of it and the numbers I gave are what I’m experiencing in the game.

So the solution you’re recommending is to always use Mab on offence against this meta defence?

Can likely have a static 4 green gem explosion. The problem is still that Poison Master is better compared to her, as mass explosions often gives an extra turn.

Fixing the combo breaker that once existed, and I’m starting to believe never made its way into the Unity code, would also help. That’s really another necessary change, but at least fixing Fizzy properly is something they could do immediately.