Power Corrupts!

Q: What’s the average number of arms on a Human?
A: Above two.

Good thing we have the Giant tribe, otherwise Ettin would probably also end up as Human.

2 Likes

Azura lowers a single skill by 10 boosted 4:1 by blue gems, thus 25% chance to target the magic.

Siegebreaker lower 2 skills by 22, so slightly over 50% chance to target magic. Quite a lot better than Azura, both in probability and effect.

Wut?

Let alone mine must be bugged cuz is 12 + boost, it lower for all enemy troops so it’s basically x4, other than that she dispel all enemy’s and explode all blue so maybe even loop and not pass turn right away like those 2, pretty sure in every sits Azura outperform those 2.

an ancient ss (in fact azura wasnt even mythic) of when i was having fun playing with the “let’s make whole enemy team a bunch of larvae’s”, her + nobend did even better making whole enemy team 0 magic and attack but cant find the SS.

Not a nasa scientist here but not sure how can x2 25% chances become “slighty more than 50%”.

Let alone that being targeted anything stealthy will just put out half meter of tongue and laugh at those 2 new troops.

1 Like

Just dropping in to say Ahrimas has a 7/16 chance to hit magic 1x with its spell. Not really good enough for offense IMO, maybe good enough to be an annoying defense troop due to its speed (doubtful).

Additionally, 1 is a mystic, the other a human mystic.
Redundancy much?

Both troops are extremely good with Essense Of Evil or Nulls Sphere and Hall Guardian, almost broken.

1 Like

Well each cast hits 2 different skills, and it never hits a single skill 2 times. That means easily an overall 50%+ chance to hit magic + another stat.

Also, does Azura lower a random skill on ALL enemies? Never used her, but her spell’s wording would suggest she dispells all enemies than reduce skill on an random enemy…

Azura reduces a single skill by 12+boost, but it also explodes blue, that she’s dependaing on for the boost. My siegebreaker reduce 2 skills with 35+, and that number gets buffed by a looping tream (gain 1 magic when ally casts spell).

Try pairing the siegebreaker with combos like harpy mage+moon rabbit, plus obsidius, and you’ll have a more efficient killing/disabling machine than azura ever would get.
Moon rabbit+harpy mage loop pretty easily, thus triggering obsidius stun trait, filling the siegebreaker and buffing its spell damage and stat reduction effect. One single cast from him that hits magic is enough to render everything that’s targeted toothless, as I doubt many players have 30-40 magic stat…

Azura would need around 3 casts that ALL hit magic for same effect.
After that, good luck watching L&D straling like 2-3 life/cast, or rope dart hitting for 2-3 damage…

I haven’t really tracked my casts. Is this true? That would make it exactly a 50% chance to reduce magic with each cast.

I played it on low speed, and it never affected 2 times same stat. I admit I rolled him just like 20 times on 1x and 2x speeds in explores (warlord 4 ofc), as it is too atrocious to watch so slow, but unless someone else can prove it wrong…

If you don’t get it, can you let us know? Screenshots would be nice! :slight_smile:

You “never used Azura” so tbh wont even bother reply to all the wrong stuff you said about her.

Let alone basically you’re saying your now most beloved troop PLUS 3 others troops supporting it can maybe do a better job of Azura alone? kinda miss the sense on that.

But so you’re using the osom new siegebreaker to counter L&D? would be curious to see some videos about that (like AW, or L&D after it casted first time gaff about obsidious stun and both are stealthy) so feel free to make a video of that new osom L&D counter and show me how it work.

Beside, it’s so good you’re not even using the hero? cuz “new broken troop”, harpy mage, lunar wabbit and obsidius make 4 already.

I don’t have obsidius🤷

My whole point is that the new troop is better than azura when it comes to disabling lineups and/or single troops via draining magic. And that’s a fact, not even you could deny it.

Simple math: 25% chance to hit magic for a puny 12+boost (so like 25, with luck) vs 50% chance to hit magic for 35+ (boostable by simply casting it). Should not be any more comments needed about the difference, numbers are pretty clear.

Then I gave an example of how the new siegebreaker could be used practically vs a meta team.
Who cares about L&D or AW being stealthy, when the combo of an empowered converter (match 4/5’s in turn 0) plus obsidius strips their stealth asap? And who cares about L&D and AW being stealthy, once their magic is 0 and they cast for like 2-3 dmg/cast?

Can azura do the same, as fast and as efficient? If yes, i which team/lineup? As I highly doubt that she can strip their magic in like 5 turns… Plus she’ve got 14 mana cost for a worse effect, vs siegebreaker’s 12 mana cost.
If she can’t do that, then she’s simply not as good as the new siegebreaker, even less a lot better, as you pretended🤷

That is a significant finding, if if in fact both troops are required to hit two different stats with their spells. As Grundulum noted, it makes it slightly more likely than anticipated to hit magic, with crippling results.

I think the invasion troop is still too unreliable for non-event use, while the glory troop is at the least a good option for scaling content (possibly viable in non-scaling stuff too).

I never agree with the person you’re arguing with, but you should probably take a step back.

You should at least use Azura before commenting what it can and can’t do.

Ahrimas reduces 2 skills at [Magic + 4] while Azura reduces skills on all 4 troops at [(Magic / 2) + 1] . Its basically the same value of reduction, only spread across 4 troops. Azura even has Arcane, just like the Siegebreaker.

Wait until this 20% bonus stat weekend is over and the siegebreaker becomes normalized.

You can’t stun Impervious without Curse, and you can’t target AW with Curse directly thanks to Stealthy.

She can do it in one long turn, since she’s an exploder that is very often paired with Skadi and can now easily fill in 2 turns thanks to Corsair hero class. A few good explodes and stats are gone.

Not saying the Siegebreaker is bad, but you’re really undervaluing a troop you never used. shrug

5 Likes

I’m with everyone else here. Azura is an overall better troop than the siegebreaker. She costs more but she also explodes gems so she can generate back some of her mana. Her skill elimination works on all enemies and she dispels all of them too. That combination of abilities makes her far more useful.