Possible hacking/cheating on pc

Absolutely true. But it is not necessarily the same 1000 players every time. What are you suggesting, that everyone should get the equivalent of a participation trophy? That makes the concept of a leaderboard meaningless.

1 Like

At present, #100 is 5842 points. If you have a strong team, and you donā€™t dally at all, you can clear 20-25 wins per hour. Averaging around 40 points a win (rough estimate by comparing total points / total wins of a handful of players, ranging from 37 ppw to 44 ppw), that is 800-1000 points per hour, call it 900.

To reach 5842 would take 6.5 hours over the course of 2.5 days so far, or about 2.5 hours a day. Hours per day is likely to go up on weekend as well.

I have no way of checking to see how many points the person in 1000th place has to compare.

1 Like

If someone doesnā€™t have the free time, then itā€™s impossible for them. The top 1000 is roughly ā€œthe 5% who has the most free timeā€, so if you take any one person at random, thereā€™s 95% chance that they donā€™t have the free time needed, so thatā€™s 95% chance itā€™s indeed impossible for the random person you happen to answer to.

I wasnā€™t suggesting anything. Someone claimed it was impossible to get into the top 1000, someone else claimed it wasnā€™t, I was replaying to that, nothing more.

If you do want my opinion though, I do believe thereā€™s room to expand the tier system further, adding higher milestones for rewards at certain amount of points. Not necessarily every 100 points as it is now, but at growing distances. For example, you could get a reward when getting to 2000 points, then at 2500, 3000, 4000, 6000 and so on. This will give people the motivation to keep going after reaching ā€œtier 1ā€, even if they donā€™t believe they can get into top 1000.

1 Like

For those of us that have the time and want to dedicate it, there are the ranking rewards.

For those of us that play on the side, there are the tier rewards.

If those of us that didnā€™t play as much got all the rewards, what would the reward be for those that invest exponentially more time?

And if there was a new reward system set up, it would only be a matter of minutes for us that donā€™t play as much to cry foul yet again.

1 Like

Except everyone is not going to be trying to get into the top 100 at the same time as you. I was level 74 last week when I decided Iā€™d try to get into the top 100, and that was on Wednesday Night I decided I try. I made it to the top 100 by Saturday morning, just playing in my free time, and putting in about 2/3 hours at home. Now I know not everyone has those 2 or 3 hours, but it took me all of 3.5 days to get there, and Iā€™m lower rank. Itā€™s perfectly possible, so long as you have a levelled, good deck (like goblins or knights with knight of coronet). Just because thereā€™s 20,000 players, doesnā€™t mean thereā€™s 20,000 players actively trying to get top 100. Iā€™d probably thereā€™s a decent amount of people in the top 100 that werenā€™t really gunning for trying to get there.

I donā€™t see the point of thread anymore. Seeing that it is no longer about cheating/hacking, but about how much time people play this game.

Honestly, the simple fact is that however much time total strangers devote to playing a game is really none of anyoneā€™s business, nor is it the devsā€™, for that matter. So if thereā€™s really an issue here, then the problem is rooted in real life. Go QQ to your parents on why they didnā€™t work harder when they were young, so that you werenā€™t born rich and able to sit around your ass all day playing game.

As for the rest of the little people like me, Iā€™m going to get ready for work, and maybe squeeze in some time for a quick battles or two in GoW.

Good day Sirs~

Youā€™re right in theory, but thereā€™s room for improvement.

Say I got to tier 1, thatā€™s around 2000 points. I know top 1000 is over 10K points, and I have no chance to get there. What will keep me playing PvP? If I triple my effort and get 6000 points, whereā€™s my reward for that?

I believe the gap between tier and rank rewards is currently too big, and my suggestion above should help making it smaller.

Sure, some people will always cry, and thereā€™s nothing you can do about it, but that doesnā€™t mean you can just ignore everyone. Some complaints may actually be justified, and some ideas can actually improve the game. I donā€™t want to think what the game would look like if the devs ignored feedback because ā€œpeople will always complain anywayā€.

Obviously. But that doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t want to get there, just that they may have realized itā€™s impossible for them, and donā€™t want to fight a futile battle.

I find that very hard to believe. What were these people aiming for, then? After you get to tier 1, thereā€™s no value to PvP points by themselves. Why would anyone keep playing ranked rewards so much, if not in effort to reach as higher rank as possible?

1 Like

if i see more than 400 games in the first hour of the first day of the week, then i would call hacks.

The gold. Thatā€™s all the reward I really need since that gold can then go into kingdom leveling and guild tasks which then can also get me Keys and Gems (and Maps and Souls too). There is no single greater source of Gold in this game than fighting on PvP. So yes, my casual playing got me into the top 100, but I was playing for the gold. This apparently is something that gets overlooked when people talk about the ranking and end of week prizes. The fact that you do in fact get a reward with each match completed. And that reward can be turned into so much more.

1 Like

If youā€™re only looking for gold, itā€™s much more efficient to fight the ā€˜easyā€™ battles, since the different in gold between the easy and hard choices is usually very small, but the difference in difficulty is much more significant (thus time spent and chance of losing). For that reason, anyone who mainly targets gold is highly unlikely to get near the top 100.

On most of my matches, the difference between easy and hard averages about 1000 so no itā€™s not more efficient to fight the easy battles. Those troops donā€™t usually differ from the ā€œhardā€ ones all that much and the time savings certainly isnā€™t enough to warrant running those.

And I guess Iā€™m no one then since gold was my target for last week and I ended up finishing 53.

And with that, like @ctu1208 mentioned, this thread has drifted way off topic so I am departing it as well.

Back on topic, maybe if @Sirrian isnā€™t too busy he could simply check for signs of foul play to put some minds at ease? :cop:

They do check. There was a kerfuffle last week about a guild called ā€œSwen Gibaā€ that was botting their way up the leaderboards. Once alerted to that, the devs put a new check in place to catch that behavior in the future.

If the devs checked for cheating every time someone asked about it, nothing would ever get done.

3 Likes

Also worth mentioning that just because the devs might not reply to these threads on the forums, doesnā€™t mean they havenā€™t checked just in case.

2 Likes