Possible Bug: Ctharrasque missing in soulforge

Platform, device version and operating system:
Nintendo Switch

Screenshot or image:
This new boss troop isn’t a available for us, so I can’t provide an image. (Doesn’t show up in unowned troops for hellcrag, otherwise I’d show it)

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting to find the new boss troop, ctharasque available in the soulforge, but there was no change.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
At weekly reset on July 24, 2023.

Steps to make it happen again
Open up the soulforge on Nintendo switch and go under the troops tab. There is nothing that changed. There was an indication that ctharrasque would be available last week in the path 7.0 under spire patch notes.

If there needed to be a delay for the Nintendo switch for the release of the new boss troop, Ctharrasque, it needed to be indicated in the patch notes last week. Any response from @Bramble, @OminousGMan, @Jeto, @Kafka, or anyone else would be appreciated.

Nintendo switch users seem to be forgotten on issues like this. We helped support this game when it first started. A little more considerationand professionalism would be much appreciated.

Darkborne out.:smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Can somebody confirm whether Chtarrasque is available on PC yet?

After all, Switch is usually delayed by 9 months when it comes to the content release schedule. So if the availability of Ctharrasque is tied to, say, the first Ctharrasque Raid Boss event, this may not (technically) be a bug.

1 Like

Yup, the new one is craftable in the soulforge and can be (and is being) used in fights. So purely a Nintendo delay.

1 Like

But no Ctharrasque Raid Boss event yet?

Switch really is in a weird situation where certain things are (a) timed to content release schedule (aka. 9 months delayed), (b) get released directly with client version (sometimes 1-2 months delayed, sometimes concurrent) or (c) concurrent with PC (holiday events).

1 Like

Yes, it’s available on PC/Mobile. I’ve crafted it just fine.

@offtopic:

Shouldn’t the third trait be “Gain 5 to all Skill Points when matching Heroic Gems” instead of “Gain 5 to all Skill Points when matching Skulls”?

1 Like

As for the troop itself, I would have redesigned the troop for a better overall experience by changing Ctharrasque to something that is more practical and less chaotic like this:

Tides of destruction- kill an enemy. curse and faerie fire all remaining enemies. create 12 gems of the most used ally mana color.

(Zuul goth burns and freezes all enemies that makes skull teams work really well, so why not make a “spell damage” counterpart that could make other teams more viable?)

Not as exciting but the cursed gems, faerie fire gems and yellow giant gems, but these heroic gems create too much chaos and less of an opportunity to take advantage of their effects. The 3rd trait doesn’t make much sense either and I’d change it to “gain 5 to all skills on 4 or 5 gem matches.”

2 Likes