Poll: what would you like the devs attention on?

I’m that case cake for everyone \o/

I like how everyone’s all “gimme Minigames, keep releasing broken troops.”

3 Likes

I trust Sirrian, he knows what’s best. so no vote for me.

1 Like

I think something that needs to happen now is to buff the soul rewards from challenges.

With the new soul generation challenges, those challenge soul rewards are pretty minor.

4 Likes

The problem with that is what do you do for players who have already completed the challenges? Do you reset the challenges or do you keep it the way it is and mail out the deficit?

1 Like

Or you give the challenges a niche of their own, like farming a kingdom’s troops.

2 Likes

yeah i was surprised myself when i didnt find spance for that in my vote… but i suppose somehow more content is more wanted then the old content sorting xD

I know you said you can’t edit the list anymore, but I wish for double/boosted resource week-long events; such as double gold earned anywhere for a week or double xp, maybe even just for the weekend. It wouldn’t have to be every week, just every once in a while to encourage more play at that time and increase player retention rate.

Also, the daily log in reward should go above seven and be additive, not consecutive. If the consecutive log-ins is kept, maybe add an additional one with increasingly valuable rewards or even exclusives that can only be obtained by hitting additive milestones (i.e. 50th daily log-in: 50,000 souls, 100th log-in: Choose a Mythic coupon (can be used whenever you want so you aren’t forced to use it when you already currently have all Mythics), 200th log-in: Exclusive troop/weapon that can ONLY be gained through total log-ins). It’s nothing really game-breaking, but keeps players incentivized to continue playing GoW.

7 Likes

Have pity on my habit to go on holiday to a place without internet!

2 Likes

Your wife will be jealous that you are in love with another

1 Like

I don’t see Raid Bosses on the list. Wouldn’t be my top 3, but I think it excites a lot of people.

I’m also very curious to know what bugs people want fixed given how high it is. Would love to see a “Bug Fixes” thread similar to the “QoL” thread. Right now, I suspect there’s a lot of overlap between those two.

3 Likes

Great Poll! Thanks for setting this up @Annaerith

3 Likes

I don’t understand this statement. Can you unpack it for me?

My interpretation was that he was disappointed that so many people prioritized new content rather than balancing the existing troops to allow for more viable teams rather than the few meta teams that are currently in rotation.

1 Like

The mini-games can be presented in both ways as Competitive (Arena) and Non-Competitive (Treasure Hunt), but i guess the tricky part is that inventing a mini-game requires much more free time and creativity than inventing a troop or even a kingdom. That’s because the troops follows some certain formulas and rules to be used, they gather mana, casts spells, deal skull damage…

But a mini-game kind of needs to be still related to the “match-3 engine” while presenting something new and entertaining, so it’s a little trickier to creat something like this.

I had an idea some days ago, but it wouldn’t help to share it without an update on the EULA to provide the devs the legal (proof) power for the use of these ideas we present.

I suspect the big reason we don’t see more mini-games is that they require a ton of work for not much return. They make roughly $0 off Treasure Hunt and Arena, and in some ways mini-games actually worsen the bottom line since they circumvent the main spending loop of the game (Arena) or create fewer reasons to spend (proposals for a Traitstone mini-game).

I think what would really get us more mini-games are ideas that would be fun (i.e., not upset players) while also helping the bottom line. But I don’t think I’ve seen any of those ideas, unless I’m mistaken?

1 Like

Partly true. Mini-games keep players playing longer. Bigger games tend to draw bigger crowds. The bare bones of this game are great, but they still have to make this game bigger.

So you could argue that retention rate is highly important to this game. People that are just “passing through” are less likely to spend a lot of money.

So the idea is to make all kind of activities to appeal to all different kinds of interests. Someone that doesn’t like pvp can still enjoy this game because of the mini-game aspect.

3 Likes

i hope this look fun?
Minigame (2 minigames): Alchemy Labolatory & Khaziel Mines

i think you should post it anyway, althought i kinda feel the same in doubt
i am hoping that once they get eula ready i could just add the right quotes to the posts i already made to get it working

1 Like

From what they’ve said previously, I think all indications are that retention is strong and the main issues are (1) getting more players in the game and (2) making more money off players. To some extent, these are mutually reinforcing as well since making more money off of players means they can afford to do efficient advertising that brings more players into the game.

Retention is hugely important overall since keeping players around is the first hurdle to then making money off them and growing the game, but once retention is pretty strong you end up spending a ton of time to make a very marginal impact. It’s thus not really worth it to always focus on retention once it’s “pretty good”.

You also lose a huge portion of potential player base by only offering pvp as well. They have to try and target areas where they think they can offer more to a wider range of players. Right now that’s all this game is based on, pvp and guilds. Which is fine to me, but not to a large portion of players. We who enjoy that, of course they are going to retain us, but it doesn’t offer enough to others. It’s all about a bigger picture.

We get to sit here and enjoy the game, but they have to sit on the other side and consider why they aren’t bringing in more players. It’s a guessing game. Plus we already know they’re working on more mini-games. This is obviously the reason they’re wanting to bring real time pvp as well. It isn’t so much for the people already here, it’s for the people they MIGHT appeal to.