Poll: Leave Or Remain

To my own views…

The Brexit agenda has been driven since ye olde times by racist and bigoted views. The Leave campaign’s only issue is immigration, which is morally abhorrent, whilst they construct a veneer of nonsense economic arguments to disguise how leaving the EU would massively disrupt the UK economy.

It’s the last general election all over again. Then we had UKIP, a rag tag bunch of idiotic racists, threatening to look like a political party… Thankfully at the polls the quiet majority turned up and did the sensible thing. I rather hope that happens again today…

3 Likes

[quote=“Hairyskinback, post:20, topic:8734, full:true”]
you know they are either corrupt or just plain stupid as being a member of the EU means you have no rights to say who comes or goes and the only people you can really stop coming are the ones you most likely want. [/quote]

You are not fair. What about Calais? The migrants are all stuck there because they want to migratge in the UK and the UK don’t want them. So we don’t let them cross the Channel and we are left to deal with the ensuing problems.

I fully agree with that.

My estimate is that around 64 percent will vote to stay. Never mind the polls over the last couple of weeks.

As always happens you mention immigration and the other side cries “racist”. As to the migrants at Calais they are not european and should stop at the first country they come to…not travel to where they can avail better benefits. As I clearly stated while immigration is a worry the main concern for those that vote to leave the EU should be to take back the right of rule. If you look at the open borders EU policy that is linked to trade you see many smaller countries already struggling with the numbers.

While Brexit is an important chance for my country to get out before the EU rotten ship sinks damaging all those still inside I truely believe that without change it will eventually destroy itself. Already we are seeing other countries inside it not happy, their people questioning the cost of membership.

AS to Jainus calling leavers morally abhorrent I just laugh at that. The only arguement about how leaving will disrupt the UK economy has been championed by so called large groups some supposedly indepentent until you realise they get funding in part from the EU. Add that to the fact that many of these so called experts were spouting the same doom and gloom when they wanted us to join the Euro…look how well that would have gone for us.

Anyway I am almost certain that the remain vote will win but the split that has already been caused will have a slow burn effect. Now living outside the UK I will watch with interest the whole EU mess collapse on itself and take pleasure in the lornterm outcomes. I have always been a huge fan of the “i told you so” stance :smiley:

I think the one question that leavers asked that never got a real answer was that if this was a vote to join the EU instead of leaving it would a majority say “yes”.

1 Like

Yup this is an emotive and potentially polarising subject. Let’s agree to disagree, and sorry for any offence from my colourful language.

Besides this thread is about Broxit not Brexit :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s broxit? A Google search on that word shows no meaningful results.

Remember the topic is about Broken spire. :slight_smile:

Ogres are always welcome in Stormheim. That is if they start caring a bit more about their personal hygiene, Jarl is always happy about some new Giants for his kingdom.

1 Like

I will say it’s interesting how the US is experiencing a very similar moment to, err, Broken Spire. I guess it’s all tied into the middle class squeeze that’s occurred as a result of globalization.

WE WIN>>>>WE VOTE to leave Broken Spire…a victory for the common man over its political masters.

1 Like

I think you mean you voted to leave the Krystaran Union :stuck_out_tongue:

Grats to the Broxit camp for their win, and it will be interesting to see how this affects the other kingdoms in Krystara, and on other, yet-to-be-discovered continents.

1 Like

I guess I was wrong…

You and many others…will be fun to see how some try to spin how they was really on the leave side.

@Hairyskinback A victory for the common woman as well - well…I’m not THAT common - but you know what I mean :tada::confetti_ball::+1:

1 Like

You will see if you gain as much from that décision as politicians had promised…
https://amp.twimg.com/v/6ca5195b-a8a5-4b20-b209-92440b9a25d6

We gained the one thing that was truely important. The right to self govern, anything else is gravy. This will be something that history will have to decide wether it was right for Britain or not. I for one am glad that our laws will no longer be made by a non-elected body.

Damn, we trolls figured that out 240 years ago! :wink:

It is elected. Universal suffrage…

I’m just wondering if this has to do with Trump running for president?

No luck there… :-/