Please stop slowing us down with "offers"

Usually, beta testers have a non disclosure agreement so some may be reluctant to day something even after everything is out.

I just remember they told them about the gap issue because some cane forward. And I remember the one time I tested that I felt basically ignored so gave up on wanting to test as I didn’t like the experience at all. (That may have changed, though.)

1 Like

Beta testing is a tricky thing. Generally, the devs have specific questions they want answered, and are not interested in hearing anything else. In fact, their systems are unable to handle anything else. Of course, this is stupid. But there is a sort of logic to it, from the point of view of an overwhelmed project manager.

I think the real problem Inf+2 has is that their systems for incorporating player experiences are very poor. They pretty much only hear massive uproars (eg: when Sunspear was briefly wrecked), usually from big numbers of inexperienced players (hence the unnecessary Skeleton Key nerf).

I’m not saying it’s easy to build a proper player feedback system, but it does feel like a rather important component of game development. And it’s far more important who you listen to than how many people are saying something.

The only other thing I can really suggest is for each of us to take a careful look at our own jobs. Are you also caught in a bubble that you cannot see out of? Try to imagine how things you do look to people who don’t know a thing about your industry or workplace. Don’t try to defend it; look for ways to do a better job.

5 Likes