Please nerf dawnbringer

I think something as simple as a filter that would guarantee 12 different troops over the 3 PVP matches offered would do the trick…

Same here, in fact I don’t use DB at all outside of Arena (where it’s very nice for cleaning out DB defense teams).

In PVP or other GoW game modes Mang is a much more powerful weapon IMHO. A team with Mang, Divine Ishbaala, Infernus and “take-your-pick-of-mana-generators” is formidable and usually beats the Troll-Nyx meta in my experience.

I would say this is 75% true, the other 25% covers the players that even with a good degree of creativity and mastery of this game would opt out for such metas because they are still reliable.
It’s cool if you can "Macgyver"¹ an specific tool to solve a problem, but if you have the proper tool at hand you can also achieve the desired result with less effort.

¹ (Verb, means create/assemble/improvise/fix something using random objects or pieces)

2 Likes

I think making it so that when you pick an opponent in PvP you face a random team that the player has built would be nice. You would still face a meta somtimes but not nearly as often.

That would just encourage 20 spots of your teams filled with your def team and a bit of work changing the last few spots.

1 Like

How anyone in their right mind would see a troop as binary in outcome as the Trolls as fine is beyond me, but aside from that that post sums it up nicely.

Firstly spend a million souls secondly theres many ways to beat it so try to see the fun im that

I think they should leave dawnbringer alone for now. I really don’t think it’s that bad. But, I could see it being frustrating if you’re a newer player, or play a lot of arena. I don’t even use it that much now. Neither of my two favorite PvP teams use it. One of those teams don’t even have a mythic in the team. There are a lot of options out there.

Yes, it would be very frustrating indeed if you were a newer player playing a mode designed for newer players. New players should be grinding 3-trophy matches in PvP, right?

I have accounts on console as well that are not end game, and I play 3 trophy PvP all the time. Granted, I’m more familiar than most newer players with teams that are viable in PvP.

So, something along the lines of “Mana cost minus 4”? That way even Aziris generates some gems, but low cost troops are a lot less likely to cause a 4+ match.

Edit: Peasant would generate no gems at all, but I can’t really imagine a situation where it becomes necessary to cast Nyx/Florian on a Peasant.

I was thinking more like Cockatrice. X + Y:1 ratio based on mana drained.

Maybe something like 4 + 2:1, that’s still 10 gems from draining 12 mana or 14 from draining 20 mana. More in line with what a reasonable number looks like.

1 Like

@Shimrra @grundulum yes, my own thinking and maths on this got me to (mana drained)/2 +3.

We know from enough years of play that the average (not statistically quantified) risk (chance of holding the turn versus handing a nice board straight to the enemy) from gem creation (one colour) feels like:

• 7 or fewer: suicide
  • 8: very unreliable
  • 9: quite unreliable
  • 10: okay, feels fifty fifty
  • 11: quite reliable
  • 12: very reliable
  • 13: broken

If Nyx drains a lower tier troop, the gem spam should be unreliable.

If she drains a legendary (usually cost 16) it should be decent but not guaranteed.

If she drains a mythic (Infernus is 22) she can flood the board just fine.

I’m fine with Nyx (and Florian and the rest when they likely arrive) being super effective against mythics - if you’re daft or brave enough to take a mythic against her then you deserve the board flood and fill all enemies (and leave you frozen etc) that will often happen. But Nyx shouldn’t be any way near as reliable (and able to loop with her troll friend) if she drains my alchemist.

2 Likes

The solution, use mana shield, she will drain nothing and you kill her :slight_smile:

Or use a 100% impervious team and watch them loop you and also take a look at Mab trying mana burn you with no result :slight_smile:

Please do share your fully mana shielded or Impervious team that’s working so well against this meta defence?

Someone posted this team on the forum a while back:
The Silvermaiden/Yao Guai/Emperor Liang/Diviner [Horned Banner]

It works amazingly well against the Forest Troll/Nyx teams.

2 Likes

Very easy!!!

Yeah i know the hardest part is to get
3 scorpius lol

5 Likes

Hey he never asked if it was hard to get :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

True but you did suggest this was the solution… do you have a solution that works for us ordinary mortals?

@Ashasekayi thanks let me give that a try…

2 Likes