Please fix Life Drain

Thank you…

You bomboter you.

2 Likes

How to fix life drain, hmm that is going to be hard as we do not know what is broken about it. Maybe more details are needed?

1 Like

@killerman3333, I was thinking the same thing.

Great and all, @Phaethon that you say “fix it”, but you need to provide concise details as to what the problem is,what the affect is of that problem, etc.

1 Like

if you don’t know what the problem is, then it doesn’t affect you apparently

and @Phaethon , my wild guess is it’s exactly the same issue as with stunned IK. So don’t hold your breath :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I presume you’re talking about this …

I can’t remember what the problem is. But I think it is something wrong with the way the order in which the game determines the death sequence with status effects/stun life drain, or something else that I have no comprehension about

… I can’t remember the dev quote, but I think it’s some extensive problem that probably won’t be fixed any time soon since it seems like they dedicate their time to releasing more troops and new content, and this would require a lot of rewriting code to fix

1 Like

Leave old mechanics broken in exchange for more new content with more broken mechanics. Gotcha. Thanks.

1 Like

It’s so fast! I can’t resist!

1 Like

Here we go I found the quote!

2 Likes

Hey that was my thread! :slight_smile:

But yeah, the issue is that an exploding troop can never kill an enemy with Life Drain no matter how much damage it does. Troop blows up, kills enemy Wight (for example), then Life Drain triggers and resurrects the Wight with 4 Life.

The order of operations makes no sense. Also it makes Bombot teams grind to a screeching halt, which sucks because they’re so much fun.

I tossed in a Steam Turret as a followup against Life Drain units.

Deep Borer
Bombot
Steam Turret
Mechanist*** with Prismatic Orb
+2 brown banner

It’s wicked fast as an explore team. Everything starts at half full, and the +10 armor from type/kingdom bonuses makes Bombot much more effective.

2 Likes

Mines almost the same, except I use Flame Cannon (extra Adana bonus) and Imperial Jewel for mopping up dmg if need be. It’s an absolutely crazy fast Explore team and I’ll use it in PvP if a lowbie team should happen to crop up. Finally have the Bombot at Mythic and it now does 40 AoE which is insane!

Deep Borer
Bombot
Flame Cannon
Mechanist w Imperial Jewel (full traits and third perk of course)

Kraken Banner

Kraken Banner. Genius. That means Deep Borer doesn’t need a mana surge to fill itself.

I’m sticking with the Prismatic Orb over the Imperial Jewel – it fills faster, makes the Bombot more effective, and it can produce brown for the rare times when it fills before the Bombot does.