Please extend Tuesday delves to 3-day events

The developers would have to change the event scoring rules to adapt to this, because there’s a scaling factor based on delve level.

Or the developers would have to re-code things so that people who take advantage of this aren’t permitted to accumulate points in the delve event. Which might not matter to you, but probably would have others screaming bloody murder. Even if this were to be coded properly the first release.

1 Like

It’s not dumb for anyone who’s done with the faction already and just wants to get the assault rewards as quickly as possible :man_shrugging:

Blasting away battles in one-shot beats slogging through 500s over and over — there’d have to be a significant decrease in number-of-runs required to make that worth it.

Incidentally, that also helps new players have a soft-reset for the purpose of gathering chaos shards once a week if they accidentally pushed their difficulty too high prematurely

You obviously don’t read the forum thoroughly if you think I’m a dev apologist — I criticize their decisions often.

Today, even :joy:

Maybe the reason I so often read people pushing back against your posts is not necessarily because the ideas within them are bad, but because you often choose to present your arguments in an abrasive way?

Just a thought :wink:

And to be on-topic: OP seems to want an extension of the event, to complete it as-is, rather than an alteration of how it fundamentally works (by making potions forever, or outside the event space, or by letting different start levels, etc… Each idea has been discussed before and has merits and downsides, but this isn’t really the place to discuss them as it sort of hijacks the thread when done in such a sloppy way as to not tie into or address why such ideas would be better than the extension the OP wants :man_shrugging:)

Ad hominem is the sad refuge of an argument unable to defend itself on its merits :+1:

1 Like

I do think people read the old posts. This is a forum, after all — reading is kind of the point.

Also — this:

doesn’t at all square with this:

so maybe it is a good idea to read up on what’s already been written to make sure one’s own position remains consistent (and is worth presenting in the first place)

1 Like

It would have to be optional: you would choose to start at the base level or your current maximum.

Forcing people to start at level 500 might not be popular…

Possibly 2 days of instead?

I agree with the OP. Make it so!

This would be so awesome.
Mabye they can do a small rework on the factions and maybe maybe add a new faction troop. That would be so so awesome :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Try doing it in daily sigils.
Get all of your delves levelled up, save alot of shards and gold, and do level 300 Pure faction as you go.
Delve every single day.
Its completely viable to do them all this way after the potions update, you no longer ‘need’ any faction assault.

I did half of mine potionless, its way easier now OP.

2 Likes

Perhaps I wasn’t clear, you don’t need anything close to 5 power potions. Just a little patience and play delves every day.
Lookup Hazard on youtube, he is great at delves.

Me, while I understand the desire to have the event run a little longer, I actually like that with the single day event I can generally get 2 Orbs of Chaos (reward tiers 4 and 8) in a single day, usually for just 30 Gems (for the extra Event Sigil) or sometimes zero Gems at all.

Yea, I have to agree. I don’t think any of us theorized that they actually would make potions perma. It has changed things considerably, in terms of having to use Tuesday’s event.

I also might be biased because I have all of them done now. Meh.