Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

Please do not spam recruitment threads

I am the GM for the Carnivores.

A number of recruitment threads have been spammed by someone calling himself @alanvictor89

Not a member in the forum for long yet claims to be recruiting for In Virtue.

Is he really the GM for In Virtue?

http://community.gemsofwar.com/users/alanvictor89/activity

He just showed up in another one.
Seems to keep showing up in various threads.

Callout threads are not allowed. If you have an issue with a specific user, you should PM the moderators directly.

hey guy

i am members in virtue, i play game 2 years guild in virtue need new members

sorry to bother you

You need to create a recruitment post for your guild.
Not jump in on other threads

2 Likes

This is not what I consider a call-out thread.

I am asking for confirmation that this person is who he claims and is in fact recruiting for in Virtue at #15 or #16 in the league. I was doubting this claim because he has no wordings after his name.

Appreciate the heads-up. Would you please tell me how to PM one of the moderators so I may take direct action if this happens again.

Sure, you can either click on a name like @Sirrian or @Nimhain (the most active devs on the board) or you can follow their bios at:

and use the “Message” links on those pages. However, I suggest you try to work it out with the individual involved first, as it might just be a misunderstanding or cultural difference.

2 Likes

Thanks for that info @Lyya.

I see the guy has responded so will PM him and settle the matter amicably.

Unfortunately for me I have extra work to do now recreating my recruitment thread to remove the ‘contamination’.

I confirm he is a minister of In virtue ! (not the GM)
Alanvictor is the official recruiter of In Virtue.

BR
Zann0t In virtue minister

Thanks @zann0t for the confirmation.

I have sent a PM to @alanvictor89 now that I have confirmation.

I have made, and still make, mistakes so it wouldn’t be fair to hurl a lot of rocks at the guy.

Thanks also to @Lyya . We now have a useful thread for those who have this problem in future.

The matter is now closed.

Thanks all.

2 Likes

Speaking of recruitment threads and spam, is there a way to show all categories EXCEPT that one? I’m in a guild and don’t want to see the nearly HALF of all posts on the main page that are for recruiting?

2 Likes

Yup! Go to your user preferences and add the category you want to hide to “Muted topics.”

4 Likes

In the case of guild recruitment, it’s a little convoluted because each platform has it’s own child topic underneath the main guild chat topic. However, once I figured that out, it was easy to do.

Thanks!

I didn’t consider it a call out thread either.
It was a question

1 Like