Please Devs answer me so i shut lol

Oh I said “At least it was an answer.” and likewise have wanted to keep things calmer, because yes there is more going on around than simply us here.

That said, to explain why there is considerable frustration, please let me start with this.

Ok fine. I can respect that. I even tried to throw a few things out there that have been brought up that would have helped with said insight without getting into specifics. Any yes, we can be a bit demanding at times. But for the response to be “I don’t know.” even if she really doesn’t know and then say see you have a response feels like a huge disrespect back to the fanbase here.

We don’t want to infuriate you and know your job isn’t easy. We don’t want you to not communicate with us. But at this point a simple “Nothing has been decided yet.” would have been far better and not a lie either since you can’t decide what to say if you don’t know what to say.

And I see @Aelthwyn commented too, summing up some things better than me so I’ll just leave it with that.

3 Likes

I can’t speak for other posters, only for myself. And I totally agree that hyperbole and drama aren’t helpful for anybody. And I do believe that the dev team is working very hard, and hopefully my posts aren’t indicating otherwise. However, even people who work hard can either make mistakes or potentially not see another person/players view, which is the reason I post these types of comments for the dev team. As for the specific issue in question, from my view, not knowing how you’re being judged makes it difficult to perform well. Also, despite the devs best intentions, bugs are very normal with changes, and secrecy makes them difficult to detect (and has historically caused significant grief and unfairly lost rewards).

This is totally fair, and if there were no dev posts, or dev posts indicating “we’re too busy” that would be different. But what we’ve been told is “we won’t be giving you the exact calculations”, so I think taking that at face value and reacting to it (rather than interpreting “we won’t tell you” as “we’re busy”) is reasonable. As for the reaction to Nimhain’s comment, that has been silly, since assuming any single dev knows about everything being developed is a bit ridiculous.

I appreciate what you, Nim, and the rest of the devs are doing. I’ll continue to defend your valiant efforts when I can, but I feel obligated to (respectfully) call you guys out sometimes too :wink: . But there is no question in my mind about how hard you guys are working, and that you have the best intentions for the game and it’s players.

3 Likes

@Nimhain wasn’t lieing, she genuinely does not know what changes have been made to scoring, and thus is unable to comment. I am also unaware of the precise details concerning scoring, which is why I haven’t posted anything today. There’s no disrespect there, we both genuinely can’t comment on this issue at this time.

When I said we will be discussing whether we will give more insight to scoring, I meant that very literally. We were not discussing the scoring itself (hence both myself and Nimhain not knowing the exact breakdown) but more generally what we were considering sharing.

We will do our best to put up a post today with more details on scoring.

6 Likes

Ty @Saltypatra and sorry again about my reaction please accept my apologies you guys know i love you all, if it wasn’t the case i wouldn’t be here at all sorry again about that

3 Likes

That’s really all we would really like. I mean you said you (the team) are happy with the small changes. Well we would just like to have that joy shared with us. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

1 Like

I think things have been a bit heated since guild wars was put on a temporary hiatus. We all just need to take a breather, take a step back and realize what a great product the devs provide us all especially at the cost of free.

Had I never been able to try your free product I never would have spent the money I did and let me tell you I’m only sorry I didn’t do it sooner this game is very polished and worth every penny I have spent.

2 Likes

Sorry, that’s not “a good reason”, it’s an incredibly-bad excuse.

Explaining the new rules of a competitive event is at least as important as making the changes themselves. Just like you’d make sure the changes are ready before restarting GW, you need to make sure an explanation post is ready as well. If you don’t have one, that’s a good enough reason to delay GW further until you do.

We’re not even asking for exact numbers, so numbers still being adjusted is not a good excuse either. Much like when GW was first relased, we didn’t get numbers, but we got the full basic info for how to get the max score (4 troops of the day color, 4 troops standing), the detailed numbers we worked out ourselves. That’s all we need now too, to know the rules, so we can compete while knowing what we are doing. I think it’s a fair request.

5 Likes

Okay, @vangor the Great, you win, I muted it first out of us.

2 Likes

Sirrian eventually gave us a nice post in official news, so all is well.

But many a head ache and rant would have been avoided if we were just told number of moves, collecting more mana than opponent, and avoiding damage influences score in a secret way.

The cool thing is everyone has the same rules whatever they are! ::slight_smile:

i dont think it would avoid anything, ppl would still demand clear rules

Huge sighs