Please adjust Grosh'Nak's Trial Team before next week

Since Stormheim Trial Team was kindly adjusted for this week, the Grosh’Nak Trial team for next week could use a change.

The player’s Drake Rider is completely out of place on this team.
The skull theme is crippling the player’s team as well.
Grosh’Nak as a full Kingdom has a fundamental color blocking problem with nothing to show for it.

Currently:
Trk’Nala
Fist of Zorn
Brawlmaster Bur’Nakh
Drake Rider

Enemy Team:
Drake Rider
Summoner
Dark Song
Gar’Nok

Player Drake Rider turns Yellow to Red and the idea of the troop’s inclusion is for the conversion. Not my idea though.

Player Fist of Zorn turns Yellows to Skulls, completely making Drake Rider’s contribution near pointless. It doesn’t even contribute to the “Theme” : “Create Skulls for more chances to deal damage” “Match Skulls to deal damage to the front Enemy.”

Meanwhile, the enemy AI team with 400 armor and 400 life has 2 summoners, team life gain, and a Drake Rider that’s going to resummon a Drake because your team has no stun. … That’s just so much bulk to push through when the player’s team is fragile and weak.

1. Suggested change: Substitute the player’s Drake Rider for Gar’Nok. Basically every other game event featuring Orcs has always featured Gar’Nok. Why don’t we have it? I don’t even think it’s that good of a troop, but it gives a proper summoner and an Orc theme 50% mana start.

Brawlmaster Bur’Nakh
Trk’Nala
Fist of Zorn
Gar’Nok

That’s still not a good team, but at least it looks like a team. Why Drake Rider?

If the devs kindly look over the troops they’ve released to us over the years, maybe they’ll notice these Grosh’Nak troops don’t work well together as a standalone kingdom.

1. Suggested change: Buff Brawlmaster Bur’Nakh: Change “Give 1 Attack to All Allies” to “Give [Magic] Attack to all Allies”. We could finally have a workable team. 1 Attack just feels bad, looks out of place, and doesn’t do anything. I’m not even trying to overpower this troop, I just want it to have a standard rate of effect. Even the Broken Spire tutorial guy Luther gives [Magic +2] Attack to all Allies and Barrier the first Ally.

Imagine a different Grosh’Nak event/trial team where we could have a proper Brawlmaster Bur’Nakh and Cyclops on the same team and be effective? Now that is something to play Gems of War for and to theorycraft fun teams to get the maximum amount of benefit. Not this current maybe if colors align then skull things maybe work team.

Thanks.

19 Likes

Less than 24 hours…

I really hope they do something. Otherwise, I guess I’ll see everyone on Monday :fire:

2 Likes

Reminds me of the change they made to Stone Giant with the Broken Spire rework. What cpu team is it that pairs Stone Giant with Rock Troll, but it seems like Stone Giant always casts first (leaving Rock Troll basically no Brown Gems to double) ?

1 Like

This trail is a snooze fest - skip it.

1 Like

It turned out to be pretty easy. Put Brawlmaster at the top to make use of enrage on enemy death, and then skull loop. Drake Rider is worthless, so just put him 2nd as a backup meatshield (or last, it’s easier if you don’t let Brawlmaster die. Either way, you don’t want to be casting Drake Rider since it removes yellow gems.)

Use 3x Medal of Seasons and don’t use Trk’Nala or Fist of Zorn unless it will result in the AI not getting a skull match (it doesn’t necessarily have to be a free turn from a 4/5 match.)

2 Likes

Not actually hard nur extremely annoying with all the enemy resummons.

Why does every enemy team have to be an absolute pain?

2 Likes

At least Fel’Dras isn’t on the enemy team (that is, not by default)…

1 Like

Drake Rider definitely has multiple uses:

1. Yellow conversion so you can use Fist of Zorn safely.
  2. Red mana for your skull generators, as well as making Brawlmaster’s generation more consistent.
  3. Meat shield.

Took me 6 real tries (>6 turns). Team Level about 16k.

1 Like

My team level is around 14,500. I got through the regular trials, but can’t get past the first epic trial. Just not enough oomph. And too much life and armor to fight through. Plus the pesky loyal mount, and the summons.