Petition/Vote to permanently change the gnome rate to the prior vault event rate

My thoughts remain largely the same as from this thread:

Alternatively, instead of Vault Weekends, I’d be okay with:

1. More regular mini-events that provide either a single, guaranteed Vault Key (… Vault Gnome? :stuck_out_tongue: like a Pet Gnome, but a Vault Key after 6 battles) or increased chance for one.

• Vault Keys already have randomised, non-guaranteed rewards, beyond the random chance to receive one, so I don’t think this is too unreasonable and would compare this to a Chaos Orb, or indeed Vault Key reward in Guild Events.
  2. Pet Gnome Heralds/Scions/‘Lures’, with a Lure being different to a ‘Bait’, which gives a guaranteed Pet Gnome.

• “Pet Gnome Heralds/Scions can now be randomly found in PvP and Vault battles! Defeating one will allow Pet Gnomes to appear in any non-Sigil-based game mode (incl. Explore) for the next hour!!”

• “A Pet Gnome Lure is a droppable item obtained whenever you defeat a Pet Gnome while a Pet Rescue is already active. When triggered, it increases the chance of Pet Gnomes appearing by 200% (so 3x chance, total) for one hour.”

• Alternatively, “Pet Gnome Lures can be obtained randomly from ______ battles/as rewards from Individual Live/Sigil-based Events (Class, Faction, Bounty). Using one will attract nearby Pet Gnomes, prompting them to appear in all non-Sigil-based battle for one hour (instead of just PvP).”

Having crazy Vault Weekends like that means I have to compete with (incredibly active) people who come out the other side with 100+ Vault Keys in addition to what they’d normally receive, while I decided to do my laundry and some gardening :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, catch up on some work or cooking, or similar :man_shrugging:.

I think this is one thing that I can agree on, and that I think a lot of other players can, too.

Bonus side-thought: I think it could be reasoned that outside of testing teams for GW, players like having meaningful (i.e. non-100 Souls/20 Jewels/small reward Battlecrashers/) Gnomes crash their battles regularly, and it might be worth shifting the game more permanently in that direction, with whatever the consequences might be, in the same way that the core gameplay has shifted towards more explosions and faster play, with the kind of power creep that the design team feels is more fun.

There was a stream a year or two ago when Sirrian commented on power creep in general, saying that he felt the game was just about reaching the level of fun that he wanted, but that there was probably still a bit of room to explore – since gaining more ‘powers’ is a fun thing, but also something to be careful around.

So in that sense, ‘fun’ power creep could be an argument to shift the general Gnome appearance rate upwards, and potentially the Vault Weekend rate too, in line with that, as a minor redistribution of how rewards are obtained in-game :man_shrugging:.

1 Like