People Who Do Not Like PvP in GoW

i do the teir 1 for the rewards. other than that i hate pvp. i like explore the best - challenges got old. before explore i was almost burned out to the point of playing other games (gasp), and treasure hunt is a nice change of pace from the attacking everything :slight_smile:

edit: to combat that bordom in others - i change my defense team at least 1 time a week and try to use a majority of the event kingdom for the week.

1 Like

I’ve thought about this before: I wonder if newer players would be more likely to try it if it weren’t called PvP? Or would this be offset by the people that are really attracted to PvP?

1 Like

It took me a while to try PvP here, and about a month to convince my wife to try it.

We’ve played several games with the “raiding” PvP style, and she hates the feeling of stealing resources from another player about as much as she hates getting her own resources stolen.

Now, we’re both in a 300/300 req guild.

2 Likes

It sucks that Guilds still have trophy requirements. They serve literally no useful purpose and no, bragging rights are not useful.

Seals are so much more important than trophies now, especially if your guild has a good mix of levels. I quite enjoy my Gold helping develop troop teams for the lower level members of my Guild.

3 Likes

It’s more than trophies; gold is another major guild requirement. It is harder to gain gold outside of PVP. I am hoping the next mini-game focuses on gold like Arena did with souls.

It is all about paying the price to receive the benefits you want, just like buying a new computer or tv. If you want the top of the line, you have to be willing to pay the premium. The top guilds are usually 300/300 and I’ve also seen top 25 guilds say they have no minimum contribution requirements. My guild my example, requires people to contribute either trophies or seals on a level that is reasonable to their level, with no gold contribution, but we are also ranked 300ish so…

we did gold by trophies you get… 200 gp for a trophy … now granted me at 1000+ gives alot more than my kids at less than 100. but it set a nice, balance specially fora top 100 casual guild.

1 Like

The gold requirement I can understand - you and all your guild mates get a tangible benefit from the gold you put into tasks. Trophies, on the other hand, have no in-game benefit other than to provide a symbolic representation of victory. And let’s face it, victories in this game are so easy and so numerous that Trophies, for Guilds, are about status and nothing more. I wouldn’t mind seeing them go away, or be converted into something we can actually use.

My guild is fairly casual but we’re just inside the top 50. We have a seals requirement per week but that’s it.

2 Likes

I get tired of going up against the same players constantly. Come on devs how many people play this game? It feels like you’re assigned a a few players and will never go up against anyone else. I get that this a way of giving you so called rivals for bonuses but it’s boring as heck.
They should also take a little more care in offering the easy, moderate, and hard categories. I’ve had them offer darn near identical teams. Could be to, um, encourage you to spens a diamond.
I don’t mind PVP, yes it should be PVE, but it becomes very monotonous quickly.

Why do I dislike PvP? As @Gortus mentioned, [quote=“Gortus, post:8, topic:12740”]
It could just be the fact that it’s called PVP - some people just aren’t into PVP.
[/quote] the nomenclature bugs me, for one.

When the game loads, and I see that I can “attack other players” my heart sinks. I do not wish to attack anyone. I do understand that ATM, we aren’t truly doing PvP but PvE, but when another player’s avatar dies, it sounds like me (death throes of my own avatar). Monsters I can whomp all day long, but other players’ avatars?! This is coming from a long-time The Sims player, so I relate to the opponents, lol.

I resent PvP since my best monster-killing troops get nerfed because players in competition with other players feel beset upon. If not for PvP and those blasted trophies, troops could be as ridiculously strong as we please as we can keep switching up Explore opponents or get stronger to beat the static Challenges opponents.

And the meta teams, oy vey! I don’t dare experiment too much as I need to win that match to meet the guild’s trophy requirements. The fun for me comes in experimenting with troops–with no fear of continual failure, failure that will be duly noted on my profile like the infamous scarlet letter. Even as a casual-only PvP player, each major update messes with my stats and pulls me into the competition whether I am a contender or not. The longest win streak got borked so it’s no longer “N/A,” for instance. I get ganked by phantom rivals against whom I can never take revenge as a casual player. And the list goes on.

When I wish to test my mettle against players, I do so IRL. I play computer games to escape the violence on other humans of my world. Putting the hurt on monsters is cathartic, lol. Other players devise their defense teams so they can climb up the leaderboard. That’s great for them if they enjoy that type of thing. More power to them. I prefer the escape of Treasure Hunt (even Arena as the opponents are not meant to be other players, and the matches are more or less balanced and fair), the humourous questlines, and putting the hurt on beasties through match 3 boards. And, oh! The background graphics of the game: so very lovely, true eye candy.

PvP is simply not fun for me, so I do not enjoy that aspect of the game. Fortunately, there is so much more to the game in which I can take enjoyment.

3 Likes

I only started doing PvP around lvl 120ish as I am an avid PvE player.
Once I figured out that it wasn’t true PvP, there wasn’t a problem with playing it, other than that I still do the minimum effort for the obtainable resources (tier 1).

It’s not really PVP as you only face AI run player decks though but I enjoy it much more than adventures and questing.