Panda-monium

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/panda-monium/

New Invasion Troop: Sheji Shi Sheji Shi will be available in the Invasion Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Epic Troop: Pandallista The Pandallista will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in…

1 Like

grafik

The loot table for troops in Shentang event chests is expected to look like this:

Chance Amount Troop
0.11% 1 Huanglong, The Turquoise Emperor, Tian Yi
3.2% 1 Emperor Liang, Qilin, Tuzi, Yao Guai
12% 1 Baihu, Crimson Arrow, Moon Rabbit, Moshu the Guardian, Pandallista, Penglong, Sifu Yuan, Tuliao, Wu Hao, Xiong Mao, Zhuque
21.6% 1 Diviner, Pandaska Mage, Spearmaster
21.6% 2 Houng of Liang, Hound of Yao Guai, Monkey Disciple, Pandaska Guard, Spellblade
21.49% 3 Zhenniao

Unfortunately, event chests have a tendency to be misconfigured, either entirely missing specific mythic troops or containing them at significantly lower than advertised odds. There is no way to know this ahead of spending, and no way to get any kind of refund. If you plan to open event chests, wait till the weekend for the community to find irregularities, this significantly reduces your risk of getting burned.

8 Likes
Previous lineup

Player:

• Wu Hao
  • Tuliao
  • Penglong
  • Spellblade

CPU:

• Monkey Disciple
  • Spearmaster
  • Penglong
  • Yao Guai

Emperor + Hound of Liang is a good pair to have on your side!

3 Likes

Yellow/Blue
Yellow/Red
Yellow/Purple
Yellow/Green

The kingdom banner is - Green.

The only real damage source on the team is Penglong.

The enemy Spearmaster is blocked on Red and Brown, one of the few upsides.

The match starts with a Bonestorm.

just… ugh.

7 Likes

When Nintendo switch players had to undergo this torment, we faced off against yao guai. We were basically on a timer to defeat him before he got filled. I see that the devs have…well…not learned anything to make this experience more enjoyable.:rofl:

6 Likes

At least everybody being Yellow makes Emperor Liang easy to use, giving the team good (well, better) survivability at the higher tiers.

And no enemy Yao Guai (or Monkey Disciple).

3 Likes

Just beat Epic Trial 5. It’s not hard, just annoying. The player team is weak and extra enemy stats is dumb.

Wu Hao overperformed and Emperor Liang is the least useful part of the team (for me).

Hound’s barrier is nice, but both Pandaska Guard’s cast and Spearmaster’s cast can explode/destroy a skull before applying damage.

Makes me wonder how much of a better trial it would have been if we had Wu Hao + Yao Guai instead.

1 Like

Actually, I found it suprisingly easy using the default order and using Liang to remove yellow…

Cast Wu Hao on Hound, add barrier when needed. Use Liang to remove yellow before the enemy Diviner casts and then it puts yellow back on the board for you. Skull block, outheal their damage, and use Penglong when opportunistic.

4 Likes

I wasn’t happy risking Wu Hao in first slot the few times I tried it in the earlier Trials, since it was easy for me to use Wu Hao on Penglong to get consistent fills and Liang always left me in a bad board spot after casting. Meanwhile, I never really liked that Hound to keep it alive last, so I didn’t mind swapping it to the front. I still don’t regret changing the order either. Even if hound were to die (and it never did), I’d still have 3 fresh troops.

I can see your strategy for sure, though I never really thought to deny the enemy yellow since they don’t use yellow at all, so even if they were to get extra turns from it, it wouldn’t really matter to me.

Nice to see Liang worked out for you