Paint by Numbers

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/paint-by-numbers/

New Epic Troop: Tuliao Tuliao will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Doomed Weapon: Doomed Libram This week it will be available in both the Tower of Doom shop, and in…

1 Like

New Shentang troop came at a good time for me.

2 Likes

Boost ratio is 4:1. Very mediocre Epic this week.

Still hate that we have to get these disappointing Doomed weapons this month and next month (Red) too.

Troop premise is interesting, hard to make it operational I imagine

1 Like

That boost is to provide mana to all allies. It had to be so.

This epic troop is good, but not broken. It doesn’t affect the board, but provides a decent mana gain.

It may not loop, but it’s a safe troop to give your team mana, potentially itself too.

Excluding the mostly broken empowered converters, I think this troop is fine, better than most epics.

1 Like

I agree with you. Tuliao is pretty good without being broken. Definitely can be useful if all 4 troops share a color or maybe even a team with a lot of identical overlapping colors. For example, I used her in today’s Doom event and she consistently lets me cast my skills a lot more than usual.

1 Like

This is one of those troops that’s going to be some newbie’s powerhouse for like 2 weeks until they get one of the hundreds of better troops. Gacha filler.

1 Like

Tuliao should have fast trait IMO.

I know she can get fast used with the Legendary Elf, but I want her to be idenpendent on it.

2 Likes

What do you mean? Not all female troops needs to look like bone and boobs.

Cool that people are finding a niche for her. Has anybody tried her against meta defenses in pvp?

She could work in the 4th slot; in situations where you want to leave the opponent a bad board, she could fill your troops mana, so they can be ready to do work on the next turn. In such a role, she would be safer than gambling on an exploder (and also would not be reliant on storms).

It’s a shame her boost ratio isn’t better, as others have noted.

It would absolutely make her more useful in the fourth-slot role I mentioned above. She isn’t good enough to put Avelorn on your team just to give her a fast start (though if she were dual-typed as an elemental…nah lol).

I think it just looks weird from an art perspective - her boot/legging thing is at a weird angle.

1 Like

How much free mana does a troop have to give to be considered good?

1 Like

I’m not saying she’s bad.

4:1 means you’re getting 1-3 more mana from the boost ratio in most cases (not sure how the rounding works, but since she ends a turn, you won’t want to give up a turn with 14+ gems of a single color to the opponent). That’s not very exciting.

So, I’ve been playtesting a team for funsies that looks like:

Essence of Evil - hero class doesn’t really matter, been using Archmagus to level it
Tuliao
Arachnaean Weaver
Moon Rabbit
Warren Banner

Moon Rabbit fills Tuliao really easily.

As long as there is 1 green mana on the table, I can give my entire team mana. If not, I can cast on yellow.

When I cast on green, on average, I can give myself 6-8 mana to all 4 troops. They’re also enchanted.

8 mana + enchant. My turn comes back and suddenly all 4 of my troops have gained 10 mana, including Tuliao which lets her give mana again in 1-2 turns without having to grab mana for her.

Not to mention, her spell doesn’t require magic, so web doesn’t do anything to her.

Let’s just say I’m glad the AI wouldn’t know how to use this thing.

5 Likes

Onto more pressing things!
I think Tuliao’s art is really cool, I didn’t notice her left leg til you all pointed it out but we worked out what’s going on!

One of our artists did a quick, very rough sketch to show what is going on out frame haha

3 Likes

either those are some very long legs or her knee joint is kinda sketchy for an elf :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it’s just the left leg is about 8 inches longer than the right leg :wink:

I am stunned…I wear the same outfit when I paint.

1 Like

She never skips leg day. :man_shrugging:
Mystery solved.

2 Likes

Gotdangit, ryan, i snarfed my coffee xD

2 Likes