ORLY?

No, you’re not end game.
Tds Pharos-Ra, Elspeth and umberwulf is a better source soul exploration. Instant dark storm and often a full Tds in one turn.

1 Like

Depends on the AI/troops - but usually, from my experiences with Erinyes’ storm, there will be an abundance of the storm-color even after removing the 4-matches.

If you wanna use a Stryx team with Garuda, though, you might be better off with Strygik because of Garuda’s trait. Or Heronath. A lot of Stryx seem to be designed around being around each other… somewhat. There’s too many that cause storms of colors I might not want, though.
And yeah, Stryx aren’t the most powerful troops to begin with… I’m aware.

All I’m saying is that not everyone might have 50 gems for the hero weapon (like me) and not everyone likes using the hero (like me) and there’s not that many stormcasters around in general yet.
I can still see Strygik get some use. Not as much as others, but heck… I still like him. He doesn’t devour stuff. He’s cool.

Strygik does look cool :slight_smile:

Stryx troops hardly seem designed to work together with all those different storms. We need a lot more that exploit a given storm rather than making a new one of a random colour each cast

3 Likes

Shove him at the end of a team that only needs 3 troops to wipe PVP and gain 5 extra glory per match :smiley:

The Aunt Doris role :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Elspeth Tds Worldbreaker and new guy works OK

Ah, good to know. Would be boring if I would be, actually. I’m only playing since August; don’t want to be at the end of the road yet.

I lack Pharos-Ra, most of all.
Also I don’t like to target stuff since I can’t see numbers well since the UI update. But I’m not disagreeing.

Also seriously, I just finished the weekly crap that’s PVP and it was hilariously easy thanks to people setting Stryx defenses. Even with the buffs, Stryx just can’t beat anything. While I still like Strygik, it is definitely sad that the Stryx got another mediocre troop. These guys are such pushovers. When I started the game, I absolutely wanted to make a Stryx team since I liked the plot and the design of quite a few of them, but man… they suck all around. Compared to Dwarves, Dragons, Knights or Beasts, a team of Stryx is really nothing but a nice chicken snack for those other teams.

I’m trying Ragnagord/Infernus/TWB/Strygik, works OK but it’s slow/loses if ragnagord goes down early, and Strygik never casts.

When I saw this card I suddenly remembered that we have a bird kingdom, which I’ve totally forgotten :crazy_face:

1 Like

nah, these arent EAGLES

Current issue with balance is that troop that only do damage are just bad.

Considering you have troops that do damage AND explode gems, do damage AND drain mana, do damage AND inflict a status effect, do damage AND get an extra turn, etc, it’s become clear that just doing damage, and specifically random split damage, has very little value.

Is a storm enough of a bonus to justify using it? I don’t think so currently.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel I’ve been trying to say that each week, but I guess I couldn’t articulate like you did. I understand there are some troops whose ‘insta-death’ characteristic would be frustrating, but overall each new troop is a troop that someone, somewhere, will play.

It’s a strategy game based on nuances in team mechanics (among other things), I’m sure someone would find him particularly useful for a situation. Or maybe they just like owls.

2 Likes

Question about Strygik and boosted by Yellow Gems — Normally when there is a boost - the Gems disappear from the board…

Not with this guy… - is that supposed to be the results?

Check those spells you’re thinking about. They say that they remove gems to boost damage. Runesmith, IIRC, is another troop that leaves gems on the board but boosts his spell anyway.

I just making sure. He’s a very nice attacker - not quite Krys level but still does decent enough across the boards - especially if I have a ton of yellow on the board.

The Lightstorm doesn’t seem to be as effective as some of the other storms.

What do you mean? It produces fewer yellow gems than other storms do for their color? I don’t rely on storms, but I do recall player testing early on that showed that storms were working as intended. Not sure if all colors were tested.

End game is (almost) all troops mythic, level 20, fully traited. Or at least (almost) all kingdoms at level 10 and 5 star for double skill bonus.

And I’m glad you appreciate Styrx teams, I try to put up one of those pvp friendly teams. Except at my level, I get a few wins with it too lol.