Orbweaver + Deathknight Hero Class Changes

I’m so happy with this change this has made this event so easy and actually pretty fun. Arachnaean Weaver has become my favourite mythic it’s really good in PvP and has been killing it in this event so far I have defeated 35 champions and haven’t lost a single troop thanks to him.

There goes the Hero + Medea combo :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m probably being dumb, but why does it matter if hero classes share types with their kingdom troops? Thematic? Stat bonus? Anything else?

For class events you can only use troops that are the same troop type and from the same kingdom as the hero class. Before this change there was only 2 troops that could be used in this class event.

1 Like

I also wish this announcement meant a rework of the Orbweaver talent tree, the current worst in the game.

3 Likes

Thank you @Maxx for updating your list so fast.
Hero Class Kingdom/Troop type - #3 by Maxx

Do we know if 4.0 will include troop type visible in class menu?

3 Likes

I’ll keep updating it whenever a class is changed or a new one is released.

I’m not sure if I should make a new thread so it’s easier to find and add in kingdoms and types that don’t currently have a hero class yet.

1 Like

Im 99% sure they said they would fix the troop visibility bug in 4.0

I really love the dual troop type idea for hero.

1 Like

You could.
Sometimes in global I see “Why do my Quests say 24/28 with none available?”
One stop shopping for information on the forums is great.

1 Like

Every week I keep wondering if I can get the 10% bonus from the event kingdom or troop type so a list of all kingdoms and troop types will make that easier for me as well. I’ll do that soon.

1 Like

I bet “dual type” isn’t considered because the hero is already “Something/Hero”. Not that anything in the game specifically targets heroes.

1 Like

Just elaborating on the weak Orbweaver tree:

It has no passive match skills aside from Poison on purple skills.
When you compare to all that is out there (disease, enchant, barrier, Hunter, cleanse, dmg, etc) this is very very weak.

Most bonus are game starters effect, or troop specific effect, or first position effect.
So if your Orbweaver is not first (and technically you don’t want to since you wanna use the spider spawning) and does not use a specific weapon or troop type, you get nothing.

It’s stronger trait, Rising Shadow, is shared by way stronger classes , like sorcerer.

5 Likes

I feel like the real problem are the traits/passives mostly useless, than undead, elf, gypsie or whatever

Completely didn’t think of that, thank you.

1 Like

In regards to making finding information easier, @Cyrup is doing a big help desk overhaul, and everything will be much easier to access both in and out of game. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To confirm, and it was mentioned in the stream, you can’t get faction troops from chests. Faction troops can be obtained from chaos portals. (More on that in the 4.0 preview stream!!!)

10 Likes

It would be nice if which hero class provided what troop type was viewable information anywhere. it’s not viewable anywhere in the class screens.

5 Likes

They have previously informed us that it’s a bug that we cant see it, and that it will be fixed in 4.0

1 Like

Must have missed that. Link?

1 Like