Orb of Growth

I know it’s been discussed on the board, but from what I see it’s been a few years since it’s had a dedicated thread. Sorry if I missed one.

I feel the orb of growth is out of balance compared to Orb of Wisdom and Orb of Ascension. It takes far more time and luck to grind for traitstones and open enough chests to ascend characters. Even fairly low level players can build a dedicated team to grind souls. There is little luck involved in pulling 40 souls each game at low level while there is a significant amount of luck to pulling Arcane and even Runic traitstones as well as pulling the cards you’re hoping for from a chest. This makes one level from an orb of growth significantly less valuable than Wisdom and Ascension.

There have been some excellent suggestions on this forum to improve the orb of growth. Since they did not get implemented, I’d like to offer a suggestion. I think if the Orb of Growth gave 9 levels it would at least be more helpful to lower level players. That would make it level halfway for epic cards and over half way for lesser rarities. While still not quite comparable to wisdom and ascension, I think it would help and feel less of a let down for lower level players when a chaos orb we’ve worked so hard to get pops up as Orb of Growth.

Thanks for listening.

4 Likes

You can transform Orbs of Growth into underworld treasure in the soulforge. For my taste, Orbs of Wisdom have become the least useful.

Not for me! I’m very happy to get orbs of wisdom. I’m a slow player :joy:

1 Like