Not more than 3 consecutive replies? What the?

Whoever set this up, how are people going to post something like an ongoing jokes thread or guides or whatever if you can’t post more than 3 times in a row?

Make other people reply even though it doesn’t make sense to enforce that?

Editing a post isn’t always useful so… What’s that supposed to achieve?

Also, could anyone please reply anything in -o- Eika’s Funny Corner -o- so I can keep helping out my friend and post his memes/jokes for him? (Preferably something nice. :wink:)

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

At least an edit serves as a thread bump in this forum here (unlike most places), so one of the main drawbacks, that your changed posting remains unseen, is left out.
The stance on how bad of a thing multiposting is, varies across the web. I guess, having a tight limit is still better than having mods remove posts, that they feel are above the tolerance level.

1 Like

Consider it done. I added a reply so you can keep posting. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. :heart:

I’ll make sure to frequently answer there once he’s back.

I think it’s stupid but hey… :sweat_smile:

Unless anyone is actually spamming I don’t understand the “someone needs to post between” stance. It’s the first time I’ve seen that, but I also usually post in threads that are active and where several people are posting.

Deleting would be worse, that’s true.

Seems like it would also lead to a bunch of “this is a reply” posts by folks who are more than willing to help someone continue their thread - not really improving the quality of the thread if that was the intent of the rule.

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely. It will lead to unnecessary fluff in threads like the one by Eika.