[Not a Bug] Visual Bug : Moist Owlette applying correct bonus, but combining with Magmapillar when displaying bonus

Platform, device version and operating system: Xbox

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Did the pet rescue for Moist Owlette. Checked “Bonuses” tab for my team (Forest Troll, King Gobtruffle, The Maraji Queen, Hero (using Elementalist Class). Can see bonus for 4 Elemental troops from Magmapillar, but no bonuses from Moist Owlette. Moist Owlette card indicates it gives a Team bonus : Elemental.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Since release, just over an hour ago.

Steps to make it happen again
Get a copy of Moist Owlette, see that it’s not giving the correct bonus

2 Likes

Did you check the bonus on an elemental team being applied before and after getting and feeding moist owlette? Although the magmapillar is the only pet icon shown on the bonus page after getting moist owlette I checked my team bonus it was +4 attack +4 magic +9 life i went to feed the moist owlette going from a 2x bonus to 2.25x bonus and now the bonus shows as +5 attack +5 magic + 10 life so it seems the bonus is being applied just doesnt show the moist owlette pet icon.

4 Likes

Actually, I didn’t get a chance to check that, so that could be the case. In that case they just need to have Moist Owlette displayed as well.

Thanks @havok6669 !

1 Like

Yeah I agree it will cause them a lot of headaches because they did not bother to display both icons however I had faith this would avoid being buggy since they just needed to add the multiplier to the already existing multiplier which it seems was done ok just there is no visual icon for the moist owlette. might be for those with owlette and no magmapillar that later get the magmapillar it may possibly only show the first pet recieved as the icon we will have to wait and see. My magmapillar gives x2.5 team bonus and my moist owlette gives x2.25 and it seems to be calculated right.

This is what I get when both pets are maxed out. It could be correct, but since there is no way to see the owlette bonus, no one knows for sure.

It seems to add the multipliers gained from both pets together, then apply it to the base bonus.

Example:

Multiplier from Magmapillar: 3
Multiplier from Owlette: 2.5
Added together: 5.5

Base bonus: 1/1/2
Multiplier applied: 5.5/5.5/11
After even rounding: 6/6/11

2 Likes

seems to be correct, if owlette has the same bonus as magmapillar
grafik
grafik

2 Likes

Same here!!!

They do stack but only show in Bonuses as Magmapillar. Here’s a before-after comparison.

3 Likes

I’ve been tracking pet bonuses for a while. Here’s what I’ve figured out about Magmapillar and Moist Owlette.

1. If you don’t have Magmapillar at all, the image for Moist Owlette does not appear in the Elemental General box, but its bonus does.

2. If you have both pets, their bonuses stack as follows: take the base bonus and separately multiply it by the multipliers for the two pets; add these amounts together, then round*. The image displayed is that for Magmapillar, and there’s no indication that both pets’ bonuses are being applied, except by doing the maths.

• Note that the game rounds some halves up and some down. It is entirely consistent, but I don’t understand why. For example, 2.5 and 4.5 both round down to 2 and 4, respectively. But 7.5 and 13.5 round up to 8 and 14.

Here’s some examples of the two pets combining.

a) Both pets with 2.25 multiplier: Life = 2.25 x 2 + 2.25 x 2 = 4.5 + 4.5 = +9 bonus

b) One pet at 3x, one at 2.75x: Life = 2.75 x 2 + 3 x 2 = 5.5 + 6 = 11.5 = +12 bonus

If the bonuses were calculated separately, case (a) would give +8, because both 4.5s would round down to 4. We haven’t had a case of 11.5 before, but I can confirm it rounds up.

For the Devs: My recommendation is that you find a way to incorporate the images of both pets in the Elemental General box – probably overlapping.

2 Likes

Commercial rounding, it’s always towards the even value when it’s exactly in between.

1 Like

Was wondering about this since i have owlette, but no icon appeared when checking bonuses.

3 Likes