[Not a Bug] Sparkgrinder "Upgrade" not working on entangled troop

Platform, device version and operating system
PC, Steam, game version 6.9.5r46745

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I cast Sparkgrinder’s “Upgrade” spell on my hero who was entangled.
The hero’s attack remained at zero, as they were entangled.
However, once my hero was no longer entangled, their attack did not receive the upgrade. When the entangled status wore off, the hero still had their original attack stat/skill (i.e. their attack prior to “Upgrade” being cast).

What I expected to happen is that Sparkgrinder could continue to buff troops that were entangled and that they would benefit from the buff once entangled wore off. It doesn’t make sense that a troop that is prevented from attacking due to being tangled in vines would not receive weapon upgrades.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Repeatedly i.e. every time I have cast “Upgrade” on my entangled hero.

Steps to make it happen again
Cast Sparkgrinder’s “Upgrade” on an entangled troop.

1 Like

Thats how this mechanic works. Entangle ‘freeze’ attack value and restore it on dispel, regardless + or - effects within the duration

Thanks DracoL1ch. How does that make sense thematically? If I’m entangled in vines, why can’t I be buffed?

FWIW I think it would have made more sense to me if it was described as ‘disarmed’ rather than ‘entangled’. It makes sense that you can’t benefit from an attack upgrade if you don’t have access to your weapon at the time i.e. Sparkgrinder can’t upgrade something that you don’t have! You have to rearm yourself before your attack can be upgraded.

Even for troops that might not hold a weapon but use claws or teeth etc., saying they are ‘disarmed’ rather than ‘entangled’ seems to describe the status meaning better.

You are trying to apply real world logic, that doesn’t tend to work well for computer games. Just treat it as game rule, your attack value can’t be changed while entangled, your magic value can’t be changed while webbed.

2 Likes

Wild king and queen.

They dont buff entangled troops for the future of being untangled either.

Its always worked this way.

1 Like