[Not a bug] Same offer different prices

So today we have a doomed weapon for sale.

On Google Play

On Amazon Appstore

Please notice, even the “value” changes accordingly.

If there’s a reason behind this I’d like to know it.

Different stores have different fees and use different exchange rates. I can bring this up with the team though just in case but these are the 2 reasons for different prices 99% of the time.

I would have to confirm but I would think the value for Weapon Flash Offers would adjust automatically based on price and rounding and not be something a human enters into the offer data.

2 Likes

even though it should be regulated. its also possible that the higher price is to cover the storefront’s cut. i belive google is 30% unsure of amazon

It’s a large difference to sign up to exchange rates. As for the fees, it’s between you and the stores, of course, and shouldn’t affect the final purchaser.

I gather that Google dropped to 15% following Apple’s similar drop. Amazon fees are apparently linked to the volume of purchases and less transparent to the public.

amazon and transparancy issues, theres a shocker :rofl:

4 Likes

Folks, if you ever wonder why we can’t have full crossplay, with the freedom to buy and play where we choose, this is the most raw expression of the reason.

These platforms are out of their minds. I feel bad for playstation players who aren’t even allowed to get gems with flash offers, because Sony said so. Switch players who are still stuck with a $50 price tag on DK armor, too. Hosts get to dictate and take more than they should.

1 Like

I would, at least partially, disagree. As has been said above, the fault is not on the platform owners, but on Infinity plus 2 as the publisher. It would be their job to ensure, that the price for the end customer remains the same, while carrying the higher or lower different fees and factoring an average into the pricing. And if one of those platforms sets the requirements unreasonably high, to pull the game from it.

1 Like

505 published and made all of the platform deals long before they bought IP2. You are right that it is up to the publisher to negotiate those deals, but the platforms hold all of the power in the negotiation. See Epic v. Apple as an example. Or even outside of the gaming world, like Ticketmaster.

Platforms are just delivery agents, and they are out of their minds for what they take, and the control that they have, just to host a mobile game.

I’ve contacted the team responsible for the in app purchases in the stores to see what’s up.

Again though, the exchange rate as far as I know is set and changed by the store itself for all games at the same time when the store wants to update it. There will sometimes be slight variations in prices based on this and also based on where they’re getting their exchange rate information etc.

Disclaimer: I’m not an expert on the details on this, I have never been part of a team responsible for setting the prices or needing to understand the exact details of how every store sets their exchange rates etc.

I just know it’s related to the exchange rates and prices do vary across stores/regions based on that.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve confirmed this is intended. We give the stores the prices and then they do what they need to from their end to it based on exchange rates they’re using etc. so there will be slight variations between the stores.

The only way to avoid variations on the same server would be to not allow cross play, but we want our GooglePlay, Amazon, App Store and Steam players to be able to play together at their PCs and on mobile on the go and we know the community want crossplay so we have to work with the existing store systems and ToS, agreements etc.

2 Likes

Prices of most things in the world are determined based on where you buy it. The publishers don’t set the prices for video games, and they have no obligation to make the price the same regardless of where it is bought.
Price differences amd changes are passed on to the consumer all the time. They are out of the control of the devs or publisher.