[NOT A BUG] Probably known, but 2 Rocs on a team, cast 1, both spent

Platform: Steam, Windows 10

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
In the new event I played a team with 2 Rocs on it. Roc is a 1 cast only troop. I used one, but got the “no more, circle bar” icon on both troops. Shouldn’t only the one I used be used?

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every single time.

Steps to make it happen again
Put together a team with 2 Rocs on it. Use one. Ta da!

That’s how it works. All the cast once troops are the same, even if you have 4 on the team, you can only cast any of them once.

1 Like

Should the card instead read “One cast only for all Roc troops?”

Haha…you would think. It’s probably a bug and the devs labeled it as “working as intended” but it’s been like that since the first one came out.

2 Likes

Hey!

@ats1080 beat me to it, this is working as intended.

But I’ll pass along this feedback to t he team in regards to the wording!

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

It’s not a bug at all. It was implemented that way for all “once only” troops so that people didn’t play 4 great maws and devour the entire other team.

1 Like

There also seem to be some corner cases where handling is inconsistent, e.g. Lycanthropy may allow a second cast in case the troop ends up as Roc. Not sure if that got fixed in any of the more recent rework rounds, it’s kind of difficult to verify.

It’s not a bug, it is just another stupidly implemented feature.

2 Likes

I learned this the hard way yesterday after thinking I had a great idea with a Great Maw x2 team

1 Like

I claim it’s a bug. There is no other case where if you use 2 identical troops what either does affects the other, from gathering mana to casting. Sounds to me like it was easier to say “working as designed” rather than fix it.

Of course it is a bug, and you are right.

This trait has been annoying us since forever with its pointlessness. If someone wants to waste a team slot on a second Great Maw on the chance that enemy team has two troops that are not immune to devour and won’t just autowin when(no, it has never been “if”) AI gets a zillion extra turns from the gems the Maw generates then let them.

All of these troops except Sky Scorpion have too high mana cost to be able to cast in a quick match and any match that lasts longer will have AI troops that will either win before you collect enough mana or too high stats to care that you have a second Roc or Archdeva in your team.

Dwarven Slayer having it doesn’t even make sense, the troop already dies while doing far less damage than its mana cost is ever worth so having extras is the only way that troop can ever be useful.

Only useful reason for this trait to exist is so annoying people can’t set four Daemon Gnomes as defense. Without it some of these nine troops might occasionally be put on a team.

Fwiw, the game has definitely changed since the “one cast, 4 Maws” was deemed necessary ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like