Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

[Not a Bug] Please validate the 10% Epic Vault Key implementation

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android, PC

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Most people played thousands of games, trying to get an Epic Vault key, and didn’t get one.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It (low epic key rate) is the predominant outcome for multiple guilds, with entire guilds not seeing a single key (hearsay). I myself collected some data here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TMbkr0cVXLZZnI3DfgVXldJSkL4RPj8LEOWyzj7uLzE/edit#gid=0
for this forum thread
Vault Weekend data collection

Steps to make it happen again
Unable to repro. But hopefully something you can easily check in under an hour from server logs - total vault keys handed out, total epic vault keys handed out.

Bugs go hand in hand with coding. We know this and we understand. This report is not intended to flame/crucify anyone, just a request to validate the bug. If it is indeed validated, I think the community would appreciate a gesture of doubling the gnome appearance rate for the next vault event (after fixing the bug of course, if it exists) which on aggregate will “recover” the epic vault keys they didn’t get the last time (granted this also gives a lot more normal keys and tracker keys). It’s about building bridges and goodwill. :wink:

To be clear, I personally love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:all the changes in 5.1, and totally dig the new Epic Vault, Daemon Gnome and Gnome Tracker. I freely admit players received more for time in the vault this last time than any other time prior with the 20% vault reward buff and pity keys. :clap: :clap: Nevertheless, there appears to be a bug, hence this bug report.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Richard

14 Likes

Seems more like 1% based on our 6 Guilds over the weekend. The new Epic Keys are very, very rare.

1 Like

Look. Forget what you want or expect to happen. RNG is a mechanism to absorb all of that. You don’t get what you want? Play a different game that guarantees that you will. The bleating here is nauseating