[Not a Bug] Please validate the 10% Epic Vault Key implementation

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android, PC

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Most people played thousands of games, trying to get an Epic Vault key, and didn’t get one.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It (low epic key rate) is the predominant outcome for multiple guilds, with entire guilds not seeing a single key (hearsay). I myself collected some data here
https://GoW - Vault Event - Google Sheets
for this forum thread
Vault Weekend data collection - for w/e 13 Sept

Steps to make it happen again
Unable to repro. But hopefully something you can easily check in under an hour from server logs - total vault keys handed out, total epic vault keys handed out.

Bugs go hand in hand with coding. We know this and we understand. This report is not intended to flame/crucify anyone, just a request to validate the bug. If it is indeed validated, I think the community would appreciate a gesture of doubling the gnome appearance rate for the next vault event (after fixing the bug of course, if it exists) which on aggregate will “recover” the epic vault keys they didn’t get the last time (granted this also gives a lot more normal keys and tracker keys). It’s about building bridges and goodwill. :wink:

To be clear, I personally love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:all the changes in 5.1, and totally dig the new Epic Vault, Daemon Gnome and Gnome Tracker. I freely admit players received more for time in the vault this last time than any other time prior with the 20% vault reward buff and pity keys. :clap: :clap: Nevertheless, there appears to be a bug, hence this bug report.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Richard

18 Likes

Seems more like 1% based on our 6 Guilds over the weekend. The new Epic Keys are very, very rare.

1 Like

Look. Forget what you want or expect to happen. RNG is a mechanism to absorb all of that. You don’t get what you want? Play a different game that guarantees that you will. The bleating here is nauseating

Hello! Here to clarify some things…

EVKs aren’t a 10% over all drop chance. They are a 10% drop chance of all Vault Keys dropped. When a Vault Key drop is triggered, there is then a 10% chance that it will be an Epic Vault Key. This makes them rarer than if they were a flat 10% chance.

4 Likes

Are you absolutely sure this is correct? The chance used to be 10% outside of Vault events, very much lower during Vault events. This was announced to have changed a few months ago to a uniform drop chance somewhere between those two values, probably close to 3%. Please confirm that it has been officially boosted to 10%, the currently observed drop rates are much lower.

I’m trying to find the post where I wrote about this before, but it might take some time and I want to double check again with the dev team. Outside of Vault events it works as above.

2 Likes

After some more digging around I’ve found this post:

It’s from after this bug report was created, so it should solve the original issue. However, the post says the updated drop chance would go into update 5.2, the patch notes from update 5.2 don’t mention it though. Any chance this might not have been included? I haven’t yet hunted down close to enough vault keys myself to reach any confident opinion.

2 Likes

I am not a numbers guy, so I can’t speak to actual percentages for EVK drops. If it is 10% of normal vault drops then perhaps that’s the reason I still don’t have one. I RARELY ever get a vault key from a treasure gnome and I do see them at a regular rate. I see some guild members say “just got my 10th vault key” during a vault weekend. While I’m sitting there with 0. Thanks to the pity timer at least I get a key every now and again.
In the end, 10% of nothing is still nothing. Perhaps those who still haven’t gotten one are in the same boat as me. Perhaps the problem lies in the fact that regular vault key drop percentages are where the problem stems from?